1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Friedman] Failure to Launch for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jul 15, 2014.

1. houactuar

houactuar Member

Ok, the pressure is really on now. No one was looking at those guys until now. But d-rock is looking now. So step it up. Now that parsons is gone, you can't fool around anymore. You can't rely on the greatest sf I the nba anymore. It's on you guys to be the leader now. The mavs took our superstar, so time for the role players like harden and Howard to step it up.

Go rockets!

2. houactuar

houactuar Member

I agree. Fantastic post. I wish I knew how to give rep points or stars, but I guess I am a second tier member of this community, so I can't do any of those things. So I just say not worthy to those of you who can.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Warmly welcome Fritz back to the world of the living, where he can once again write editorials to the full extent of his knowledge and ability!

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

If you donate to the tip jar you get the ability to give rep (I think).

5. recboil

recboil Member

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Good article, guess he dropped some insider knowledge there about Parsons being able to bring people together when they were not on the same page last year. Also saying Harden and Howard disagreed on how to win and what was important, seems fitting with what we saw from Harden but also Howard at times on the court. They better be on the same page this year though!!

7. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Never good when someone so close to the team in his first article out from working with the team touches on some of the tensions in the locker room last year.

Please don't blow up completely.....

8. PeppermintCandy

IMO Friedman's strength was his ability to translate his high-level access to the Rockets organization, as well as the experience of watching the Rockets live, into lively prose.
    But I doubt he'll still have such a connection to the heart of the organization any longer.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Friedman name is his only strength

10. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Title is misleading. He is moonlighting right now as far as I know. He is not working for them at this point in time.

11. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

And please clarify...what you're talking about.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Friedman is awesome writer. I hope he stays in sports but who knows. I predict he will end up the Hannah Storm of sports writers without the big hair. Only the old schooler will understand that reference.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think he just did that as a one time thing... or possibly he may do it again but I don't think that is where he "Went"

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This was already posted yesterday.

Another garbage thread filling up the GARM ;)

16. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

This!!

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Remind me why we need McHale again? I thought the whole point of keeping him is cheerleading, now it seems he doesn't even do that well?

1 person likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Get a coach or assistant that can get Harden and Howard on the same page then, geez. This team isn't good enough, these players haven't proven enough to have their own agendas. If you're relying on a 22 year old kid to rally your team and he's not a 5th year senior on a Sweet 16 team then you're doing something terribly wrong. Let the kid making $500,000 year start, play 40mpg AND shoulder the burden of forging chemistry.

Genius.

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I thought Jason was moving on to something different. Didn't Morey say on his tweet that Jason was over qualified to be writing about a game? Maybe I misunderstood.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

lock up 2 day old news that's actually misleading.