1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Friedman] Chemistry Lesson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wil55n, Sep 29, 2013.

1. wil55n

wil55n Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/node/60021

2. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Man, I love the Rockets.com website. They really churn out the content. Workhorses.

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Our offense is going to be insane

4. Ultimate6thMan

I think our perimeter players are so potent, that even if we run the twin towers, we will be so hard to stop offensively that it won't slow us down much. Just either let Asik set the pick sometimes, or camp out 12 feet on the weak side. Once the other teams leaves him, he can roll to the basket for an easy dunk/layup or even hit a wide open 12 footer uncontested. I think all of our starters require a double team to really stop. Of course the biggest aspect of the twin towers is on the defensive end and rebounding offensively and defensively.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

A nice read. It's good to read that Kevin McHale thinks they have natural chemistry.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

its only one horse

7. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Jason Friedman, like Clutch, getting it done again. Nice work!

Friedman is on YouTube now, also. He has some great stuff there.

What Jeremy is saying in the first post is the kind of point I was trying to make earlier in the summer regarding the Harden vs Lin pick and roll. The point isn't Harden OR Lin, the point is Harden AND Lin. In other words, the more weapons you have on the court at one time, the harder it becomes for the defense to stop them or single-focus on any one of them. More weapons = more pressure on the defense, which is what JLin is saying here.

And you can play small. And you can play big. And you can play rugged defense and hit threes with Beverley. The possibilities go on and on.

This team is loaded. If they can gel quickly enough, play better defense and get it done at PG and PF, man, this could be an amazing year.

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

was asik at the practice?

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

10. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Exactly. With all the offensive talent (and especially if JLin starts shooting like he did last three months of last season or if D12 can raise his free-throw percentage) this team will score it's 100 points easy, regardless of Twin-tower limitations on offense. Meanwhile with the Twin Towers this team will have elite defense and rebounding. Now if only DMo or TJones can come around...!

11. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

" James was telling me that last year sometimes he was so tired."

Wow interesting :D

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Obviously they overtax him, completely ridiculous. So many games Harden would be completely gassed out on the 4th. Hopefully no more of this. We are freaking lucky he didn't get injured.

13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

who is the PF?

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I like the comment by Lin where he says me and James will come into the lane and create. Hopefully he wont be as passive as last season. That's when Lin actually has vlue when he attacks the rim.

15. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

man I would love to have PPat back. Covington will have to do.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It's Jones. Howard Said Jones has surprised him how good he has been on media day. Plus McHale values his outside shot.

17. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I like Jones' overall play, only that he's an undersized PF and really isn't much of a stretch four. To shoot his jump shot he has to basically wind himself up like a clock, which requires a LOT of time and space. That's why last year when he did play, he outside of preseason took almost no jump shots (or 3's) and spent most of his time on the offensive glass and putbacks. So far TJones's specialties are blocking shots and offensive boards/putbacks. However Dwight should be the one doing that...

If TJones refuses to show his outside game then he won't be in any!

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Jones can space the floor for Dwight better then any big we have. Covington supposedly is a lights out shooter so who knows. Dmo is another option, but I think with the ability to space the floor and run in the open court which is our bread and butter, Jones will be the ideal option.

19. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Seriously, unless I'm missing something, we still haven't seen Howard and Asik even next to each other. He's not even in that picture in the article where it looks like everyone else is. Hopefully they've talked already, since Howard says he still didn't get to talk to him at media day.

20. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

If we want an attacking Lin, then hopefully Lin isn't told to give the ball to Harden immediately after crossing half court and run and stay in the corner like last season.