1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

French Election: Where's Your Money?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Mar 26, 2017.

?

Who do you think will win the French election?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2017.
  1. Macron

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Le Pen

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  3. Fillon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have less kind words for someone like you who assumes such things but I don't feel like getting banned. Your true colors are out. A whiny baby who can't handle people that disagree with him. It's so hard for you to comprehend why people would support protecting their national interests that all you can do is throw baseless accusations at them. You're seriously out of touch.

bigtexxx likes this.
  2. Raz

Raz Member

Not everyone who supports Macron does it just for the sake of it, like you're suggesting. Otherwise he wouldn't have won the first round. And Marine LePen being xenophobic, nationalistic and racist is not a baseless accusation, it's the reality you're demanding. We've already gone through this.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Here I will use your level of logic. Oh you disagree with something I think. Ok this makes you a bigot. Actually it makes you sexist. Since you won't support a female candidate it must mean it is because you hate women. You're a terrible person.

You cannot prove she is a bigot. Please provide evidence for your claims that isn't based on your feelings.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh look not agreeing with me. You must be a communist antifa. Seriously some of you so badly want to confront one of these bigots that you fantasize about, that in everything you see, you're trying so hard make it so. You just wish so you can take a moral high ground. But you're just avoiding having to make a real proper fact based argument. You're essentially trying to play the part of a moralist.Sorry but you just don't have a strong grip on reality if this is your game.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What do you think it would take to "prove"? I think her platform is unapologetically bigoted, but I figure you'll come back and say these are merely rational policy choices for self-preservation and not bigotry. So I'm not inclined to bother, knowing you'll be inclined to discount whatever anyone shows you.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's not bigoted to identify that mass immigration comes with problems. You're not required to help everyone who shows up. Ok so let's say I come to your house and you tell me you do not want me there, eating your food, sleeping in one your kids' rooms, and tearing up your things when I get angry. Sorry but do I have a right to stay? Or do you have the right to kick me to the curb?

7. Raz

Raz Member

This is not about agreeing or disagreeing about something. If you just go through her agenda, there's no other way than describing this as xenophobic, nationalistic and racist. If you're on her side: So be it. Then you support the kind of attributes I just mentioned and you're not the only one here. But you can't be on her side and claim her to be not xenophobic, nationalistic and racist - then you're lying to yourself.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Your argument in a nutshell = Her agenda (which no parts of are mentioned) is xenophobic, nationalistic, and racist (no evidence is given). You support these bad things (with no evidence again because you still haven't provided the initial proof of your claim).

OK, until you can prove what you've claimed with a real argument, don't even show up here. Or I'm going to use the same lack of logic on you and continue to call you a sexist for not supporting a female candidate because honestly, you know there are people out there who are voting for Macron just because he's a man. You obviously must be a sexist, because muh feels.

[​IMG]

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

And when she wants to say French citizens can be dual citizens of European countries (including Russia) but not non-European ones like Algeria or Israel. And how about the banning of religious wear in public like kippahs -- a 'sacrifice' she's asking of Jews to facilitate banning the hijab and other Muslim wear -- or stopping halal and kosher slaughter. In the latter case, it'd really be pretty much impossible to be a devout conservative Jew in France unless you went vegetarian. Or denying the responsibility of French officials in rounding up Parisian Jews and putting them on a train to Auschwitz, blaming it all on the Nazis in a very-common-to-WWII ploy of moral compartmentalization where you say, "it wasn't my fault, I only put them on the train, and someone else had ordered me to do it." These things don't have anything to do with mass immigration, but with the intolerance of cultures and people that have already been in France for a while (for a long time in the case of the Jews). I don't think it's really debatable at all that her policy preferences are jingoistic and xenophobic. She's unabashed about it. That you'd want to parse on whether this or that really counts as bigotry makes me doubt your put-on even-handedness.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Raz

Raz Member

I've already gone through this in this thread and think you're capable of finding the right sources with a little effort, but there you go:

- Organized preferation of French citizens in finding a job or renting an appartment
    - Different legal punishments for foreigners compared to French citizens
    - Family income supplement to French families only
    - Raising obstacles in requests of the French citizenship
    - Claiming immigration hurts society and economy
    - Claiming stricter rules when it comes to build a mosque compared to building a christian church
    - Additional taxes to foreign companies, foreign employees, foreign products
    - Retyping school books to romanticise and embellish France's history, removing unpleasing parts
    - Restrictions to the rights on asylum

... are just a few examples that represent nothing but pure discrimination and fueling prejudice against foreigners. I think when it comes to foreigners you only think of evil muslims, but there are for example living over 500 000 Portuguese citizens in France that would be affected by this blind-nationalistic program as well. Leaving NATO and EU while approaching to Putin completes the whole picture. If all that is not xenophobic/nationalistic/racist to you, we might as well end this discussion here.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You obviously don't understand her position that steps need to be taken to protect women from oppressive cultlike behaviors that are forcing them into covering their entire body. Do you not understand the violence and intimidation that typically goes with burka cults? Also she wasn't the one loading Jews on a train and shipping them out. Nor were most of the French. They were occupied by nazis and their government was essentially a nazi puppet regime. So yeah not like the French said hey let's ship them out and the people of France are swastika waving nazis. I think this is a case of comments she made being taken too far by political opponents who pounced at a chance to scream nazi without even a solid reason. That's like saying all people of Japanese descent are responsibke for pearl Harbor.

#131 dachuda86, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You seriously can't grasp that France is not required to help people other than its own citizens? That right there is where you lose me. You act like it's a bad thing to look out for French people. You act like they have to open their door. Sorry but they don't have to help other people nor do they owe other cultures. You need to respect French culture and their rights as a people to determine the way they distribute their own resources.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

dobro is likely a teenage kid or like a freshman at college. When somebody disagrees with him, instead of arguing back with facts, logic and reason, you simply get called an ignorant bigot.

I've learned to ignore him - not worth my time

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

How quickly you've gone from "I don't know anything about French politics" to being a faux-expert on the views of Marine Le Pen.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You're just a bigot against French culture. I obviously know more than you.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

But you're not French. You're pushing your personal ideals of how a country should conduct itself on another country and you're playing the same fool you're accusing others of by acting like you don't understand how her policies could be construed as harmful to specific demographics. You even admitted you don't know anything about French politics yet you write on and on defending your chosen politician An actual French person posts why LePen has the reputation she does and all you can basically respond back is, "That's not true! She's just for French people!"

So despite a self admittance in not knowing enough in French politics, you contribute the same talking points that show your ignorance on French politics and demand that others are more ignorant than you. That's what I read from you honestly. It contributes very little despite your defense that you're trying to bring rational minded discussion when it's just talking in a circle IMO. There's a lot of people repeating themselves on here with just the same, "NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Then you explain the same thing in the same way and expect somehow a different interpretation. Gee.

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't seem to understand French history here. France was essentially the birthplace of European anti-semitism and French and German philosophers were the first to really promote the artificial Aryan race.

Her making such positions part of her platform is extremely loaded historically for the French. It would be like an American politician suggesting some kind of limited partial segregation. Not as bad, but extremely hurtful for millions and damaging.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Raz

Raz Member

Wow, at first calling for evidence and then ignoring most parts of it while staying abstract, because you can't deny the facts. Great job! I got it, you're an extreme nationalist yourself. Here's my point: This is not about open door policy or oweing someone or some bullshit you suddenly bring up without reason... if someone doesn't have the French citizenships but legally lives in the country, goes to work, pays his taxes, doesn't get into trouble - he has to have the exact same rights like a French citizen.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah honestly it's like he doesn't get that hating a nationality and culture that is defending itself is in itself vile bigotry. I don't get why he hates the idea of France and French
    I am honest to admit I'm not an expert, but I know enough about history and politics to form an opinion and argument. All you do is attack.make an argument. I rebutted all points so far. You are most likely another bigot against French culture. A shame.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You're taking things out of context to suit your agenda. You don't even make a cohesive argument. I would talk further but it's unclear as far as what your analogy is. You need to work on your argument.