1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

French Cuffs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by calurker, Dec 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

What kind of douchebaggery possessed designers to put French cuffs on business casual shirts? WTF? Super annoyed that a shirt that I just bought and liked (but didn't try on) turned out to have French cuffs. WTF? French cuffs on a plaid shirt? Are you f'king kidding me?

/rant

W..T..F..

1 person likes this.
  2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a similar experience. It was a casual button up with stripes of blue...no reason for french cuffs.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

That really sucks.

Under no circumstances should a man ever wear French cuffs. Not unless he is Chairman/CEO of a multinational corporate empire. Even then, he should show the upmost restraint, wearing them solely for the most formal of occasions. And yes, the accompanying jewerly (cuff links) should always carry the requisite karat of fine gold or platinum. (see Donald Trump, America's biggest douchebag)

The editors at Details seem to agree:

http://www.details.com/style-advice...en-should-not-wear-french-cuffs?currentPage=1

4. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

first world problems...

6. Garner

Garner Member

A real man can make French cuffs look casual.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just fold in one of the sides so that it curves around like a normal cuff…..you'll still have to use cufflinks, but it won't look as noticeable or douchy for a casual shirt

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Cuff links are way over done. It seems to be de rigueur for anyone trying to get any kind of promotion.

9. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Pocket square is the new cuff links.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I got duped into that before (french cuff on a more casual shirt). I think it's a UK thing.