1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Agent Target: The Broad Side of Matt Barnes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 16, 2015.

?

Do you want Matt Barnes?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    16.6%
  2. No

236 vote(s)
    83.4%
  1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Lol at your sig. Da'rel sounds so gangsta. Which he is, so that's fitting.

2. FeaR

FeaR Member

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's not a terrible human by any standards. Get his life story straight.

4. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I've never liked the guy, but then again he's never played for the Rockets...

5. Airdough

Airdough Member

He's the kind of player you hate unless he plays for your team, then you just begrudgingly accept him. It's a moot point anyway. He will get waived by the Hornets, then get picked back up for the Vet minimum by the Clips, coming out close to what he would have made otherwise (2.5MM versus 3MM).

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It's one thing if you're JUST a loud mouth douchebag...

This guy is that & he sucks ass.

Home you go, drunk you are

7. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree 100 percent. No way I would want anyone that would call out another mans mom like he did. Dude has no morals.

8. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Pick him up to rub James harden feet during time outs

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We need a scorer, playmaker, sparkplug or shooter on the wing, preferably a combination of as many of those skills as possible. Barnes offers none of those things.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would have tolerated him for the vet's minimum, if he hadn't passed those obscene remarks at Harden's mother. I voted No.

11. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

For a vet min heck yea. Every team needs a Matt Barnes. He has no real downside even if his contributions are just Barry above replacement. And after this postseason, you can't downplay the value of grit in the locker room.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Barnes kept a cooler head than Dwight this postseason. I thought Dwight would get tossed on about a half dozen occasions. He's simply a complete idiot when it comes to composure. Having someone like Barnes might paradoxically be a stabilizing effect.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Another way to phrase this question is, "Do you want Harden to leave Houston the first chance he gets?"

15. hvic

hvic Member

You would think with Dwight being in the league for so long that he would learn to keep his cool and also stop committing stupid fouls.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'd take him, he was useful. And simply imagine how much leaguewide twitter/blog heat the Rockets will inspire with him.

A Prigioni-Harden-Barnes-Smith-Howard Lineup? I can hear the veins popping at Grantland, BDL, Deadspin etc already.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I cannot stand Matt Barnes.

You know, I used to not like Jason Terry. He was annoying. He played for the Mavs (I don't like anyone that plays for, or is involved with, the Mavs), he always hit like 27 3's against the Rockets (a rough estimate) and he would run down the court with his arms out like a jet. That was annoying.

Of course, we traded for him. And I was forced to start liking him. I don't like anyone that plays for the Mavs but I like everyone that plays for the Rockets. Such is the nature of being a sports fan....

Jason Terry was annoying to me. But Matt Barnes is more than just annoying. He is dirty. I hate watching him play. I hate his cheap shots that are disguised as him being "tough" or being an "enforcer" or being a guy "willing do the dirty work" or whatever else that sports analysts want to say about players like him. I do not want him on the Rockets team.

That said, I'm sure Morey will do everything possible to make our team better. I'm pretty happy with an Ariza/Brewer wing combination, but we might lose one or both of those guys to either trade or free agency. If that happens and we need to replace it with a wing player, who would we look at? I hope that we would get someone else, but with out limited cap options I could see a situation where he would be one of the few viable options.

18. Mr Chuck Norris

Yo op,

Shut the **** up

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Best post in this thread. Like why in the hell would Morey entertain bringing in Hardens worst enemy? He's not that good. We have plenty of SFs.