1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency rumors thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 29, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This seems like the fastest slew of FA signings I can ever remember. The 6 pm start time can't be the only reason. o_O

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=27098372

BW: We don't know where Kawhi is going. Feeling more like the Lakers are a chance. Thought it was Clippers for a long time then thought he might stay with Toronto. I do believe there's real traction towards the Lakers. Still think Clippers are the pick but I don't know at this point.

[...]

BW: I'm not sure D'Angelo had a max anywhere else.

[...]

TM: Never thought it was a realistic scenario because Butler does not want to be the third option. Jimmy wants to be the guy. I never thought the Lakers were a possibility & would be really tough for the Rockets to convince folks. Now they have making up to do with guys they were trying to give away.

BW: Rockets & Wolves, big eyes but trying to thread a needle. Who would you have, Butler or Richardson? Forget about the contracts.

TM: I can't forget about the contracts. If you're talking about contracts, it's Josh Richardson. But for Philly, Butler was their closer. I'm surprised they didn't step up to try & keep him. That's a significant loss. Now Richardson & Horford, it wasn't too bad a day but I don't think you shrug off losing Butler if you're the Sixers.

[...]

BW: (Brogdon) Pacers owner Herb Simon called Bucks ownership and said "I don't believe that two partners should do a deal with an offer sheet like that. We should work together. I don't believe in giving an offer sheet." Bucks were like "What's the number?" They told them the number & they were not gonna match that. They worked out a deal. To get 3 picks out of them, hell of a deal Milwaukee drove there.

[...]

(Jackie asked about Capela/Boston)

TM: Did check in with a Rockets source last night, their anticipation is they'll keep the starting five. Gotta find more bench pieces.

BW: Any way Iguodala would go there?

TM: He probably ends up with the Lakers.

BW: Iguodala would like to get paid.

[...]

BW: (Suns/Rubio) They don't even have enough money to sign Ricky Rubio. They'll have to offload salary or pay someone or stretch someone. They paid someone where they couldn't even afford it. Rubio is fine player, they need a PG but why did they pay so much?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Denver has been pretty silent on that front, for a Top 4 team in the West.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

They did extend Murray and Michael Porter Jr is still said to be potentially a good player. They really don't need to make a big splash. Maybe, a few defenders and a little bench depth. Also, remember they are a super young team that finished 2nd in the West.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sounds like Danny G about to head to Big D
    (and Kawhi gone from Toronto)

Vivi likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wish I could click UNlike

malakas likes this.
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

That would be better for us. I'm really worried about the Lakers signing Kawhi then Green following him for the room exception. If they add Iggy on a minimum buyout too that team would be impossible to play.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. JW86

JW86 Member

That's silly, I know Danny Green has a few rings already and is more in the position to be a veteran leader and just cash checks but I'd wait. I mean, Dallas, really?

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dallas is probably offering him the most money and they may be pressuring him to accept it before they spend it elsewhere. Or perhaps he is still considering the Rockets and THAT offer has a timetable.

ElPigto and malakas like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Rockets are not even trying to sign him. It's basically Dallas if he signs anywhere now.

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Dallas is a top 8 contender with Green and healthy Porzingis. In a few years and with right moves, they can hope for a deep playoff run.

Of course, "Dallas" and "right moves" don't go together that well. Drafting Doncic is an exception to the rule. They've been a disaster yesterday. They didn't want to take on Dragic's salary because they wanted Seth Curry, really? In the meantime, their prime target Beverley signed with Clippers. Dallas' front office is great at scouting and drafting, but very bad at free agency...

17. JW86

JW86 Member

Dallas a contender? Porzingis still has to prove he can play up to his pre-injury level, Luka is in his 2nd year, Hardaway is alright, Curry is a good shooter but that's not even making the play-offs necessarily.

malakas likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Dallas got a good team but man are they going to have a hard time stopping anyone on defense.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Their prime target is Danny Green (except for Kemba). Thats why they couldnt take on Dragic.
    And why should they? The Heat didnt give them enough compensation. Im sure if they gave them a first they would have taken him.
    They played hardball with a desperate team in a hurry to dump contracts. Nothing embarassing about that.

20. malakas

malakas Member

He will either go to Dallas for the most money or Toronto for less money if Kawhi resigns with them. He hasnt got a rich enough offer elsewhere.

justtxyank likes this.