1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fred Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by The Joker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Maybe Christine Michael is available.

2. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The guy flashes potential but man he's inconsistent. His biggest weakness is pass pro. He's a huge liability on 3rd down.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I liked Fred Jackson a few years ago. If we get some consistent line play, I think Blue and Polk will be fine until Arian returns. I'm not a big Grimes fan, but its probably just me.

4. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Polk is only making the team if they think they can stash Hilliard on the psquad and then later cut Polk when Foster comes back.

Blue and Grimes are your tandem until Foster comes back. Grimes has much better vision, burst, and ability to shake defenders in space than Polk. Hell, Grimes has better vision and burst than Blue. I would have liked to have seen Grimes given a lot more 1st team reps this pre-season.

I don't think they'll bring Polk on just to cut him in a month. He isn't supplanting either Blue or Grimes for any snaps, at any point. When Foster is back they will be trimming the RBs corp down to 3, and stashing Hilliard on the psquad for development and injury insurance seems to be the best use of depth at that position.

5. macho87

macho87 Member

I'd rather have Stevie Wonder. He sees the hole better than trent Richardson

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

But Stevie is old and can't run. :rolleyes:

7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Look, the Texans are in no position to overlook ANYbody. What would it hurt to just bring Stevie Wonder in to have a look at him? That's the problem with this team...too timid to make a bold gamble to be great. They'll just do the "safe" thing and wallow in mediocrity.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Check that: Seahawks and former Bills RB Fred Jackson agree to 1-year deal, source tells ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/639942924734599168">September 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd take a look at Christine Michael if I were the Texans... we traded out 7th right? But we have an extra 6th from the Bears trade. Why not give the Seahawks our 6th for Michael.

Not even an Aggie fan but I like him better than Blue, Polk, and, Grimes.

10. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

He's definitely interesting, I'd probably take him over Grimes/Polk and have him compete with Blue for backup duties behind Foster. Guy has legit talent, it just hasn't manifested on the field. Wildly inconsistent.

And you're right on 7th rounder, don't have one for next year. Do have 2 6ths in 2017 that could get moved.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Could you get him for a 6th? He was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago who's produced in what little time he's gotten in a stacked backfield. I'm thinking they might want a little more.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i'd rather get Terrance West or even Jonas Gray than paying "real" value for C Michael

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dallas trading for former Seattle RB Christine Michael, per league source. Michael returns to Texas, where he starred at Texas A &amp; M.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/640564491147706368">September 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can rule him out.