1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Freaking sheep: Run on gasoline

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, Sep 1, 2017.

1. likestohypeguy

Why am I fat?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

this has to be a joke like Always Sunny, right??? Those containers w/ no lids are not a great idea... Hopefully he doesn't store them inside..

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, electric cars work well in Mad Max and TWD. Should work during hurricanes too. Tesla is the smart choice for evacuations. Electric bus systems after hurricanes are much better too.

Never made sense to me why people use diesel/gas generators vs fully electric ones with huge batteries.

I think electric power outages/shortages during catastrophes are overrated. Would be much better to have all 4,000,000 cars in Harris county fully electric to just plug-in vs filling up, fighting the houses for juice from the crippled grid. But in big evacuations, line up early at the power station "pump" because it can take hours to fill up....and buy spare batteries in case you get stuck like in Rita.

They can also charge your phone. Electricity is much better during and after the apocalypse.

#23 heypartner, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Bandwagoner and don grahamleone like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

With this said, once I saw that there was going to be a rush on gas, I did fill up my truck.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I do. I've also been to the once every decade Floriade in the Netherlands, which is a stunning tulip festival they literally spend years preparing for. The next one is from April 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022. I highly recommend it.

http://www.holland.com/global/tourism/plan-your-holiday/events-in-holland/floriade-2012-26.htm

This gas thing is propelled by panic buying, in my humble opinion.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. likestohypeguy

He also cut the brakes.

Wild card b****es!

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I had no idea it was going on. My car said I had 40 miles left. Went by a station after work with a line 30 cars deep or more. Then I went by 7 stations all out. Went home because I was down to 35 miles left. And now I have to get my son from school and almost out of gas. Good job Austin people everyone has a full tank but me.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's like when Obama made all y'all buy guns and ammo to collect dust.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Isn't that a fire hazard?

Filling up cans or canisters in your truck beds are known for causing fires and even explosions...

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah it happened pretty fast. There was no rush for gas, then a couple hours later there were lines everywhere.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Because you haven't accepted my invite to join @Derp McFlopsky and me for a sashimi dinner

Dankstronaut likes this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

This is actually kind of concerning. So easy to spread misinformation so quickly. How can this be prevented?? Or at least be contained. Way too many idiots on social media.
    I heard some adults discuss the babylonbee article as if it were facts. SMH.

#32 Sajan, Sep 1, 2017
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody worried about gas in Houston (I don't think anyone is, but just in case). I just drove past the Shell distribution site in Pasadena, and I've never seen it so busy with tanker trucks filling up and rolling out. Also, all of the plants in Pasadena are going full steam, belching their toxic byproducts into the air.

There seems to be plenty of gas, and the distribution chain is working.

#33 Ottomaton, Sep 1, 2017
    CCity Zero and Deckard like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

There are 2 places in MF that have gas, both are down to a couple of pumps, reg & diesel only. ****ing idiot tourists.

Stripes is the ****, love that company.

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Ive been driving close to E since the hurricane started cuz I ain't no b****. Plenty of chances to fill up too

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

what a completely irrational response.

I hate people who only care about money. **** those people

17. Buck Turgidson

Why haven't we traveled to distant stars?

My point was that current technology doesn't allow for it. It will take a long time for that infrastructure to exist and then....

Read HP's response too.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Maybe not trucks, but cars should not be a problem. All of the big car manufacturers need to start making electric cars and many simply don't.

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Just type this to their response and people won't take them seriously

Lol

And if they try to explain mix it up and type in Lel or say lol, you are just spreading misinformation, lies, and panic

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are you 12?