1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francisco Garcia is out tonight with a sore knee [1/18/14]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jan 18, 2014.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Makes no difference whether he plays or not. We need to find some bench players that make an impact when they are in the game.

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

3. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I wonder if this is the cause of his woes. He was a big addition last season, started out in training lights out, then..... lights went out. Hope he gets treatment and healed. Could use his veteran experience and shooting when he is healthy and "on".

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Garcia has really disappointed me this season. Horrible offensive player, and horrible defensively this year as well. Seems to make at least one or two horrible, horrible fouls per game.

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

the 3-ball fouler is down..haha

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Boy, they sure do turn quickly on you.

:p

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The only thing that turned quickly is Garcia's shot.

8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

now Casspi should take some of that "sore knee" injury and rest and get back w some energy after the rest.

Just look at Asik another month off w his "knee injury" he will come back like a monter :p

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

now Casspi should take some of that "sore knee" injury and rest and get back w some energy after the rest.

Just look at Asik another month off w his "knee injury" he will come back like a monster :p

10. Yellow

Yellow Member

Hopefully this is the cause of his all around playing skills dropping off. I don't know what lit a fire under his ass last year but he made shots, defended real well, cut to the basket etc. Now he's not worth jack. I still hope for his turnaround, unlike most here who seem to have really turned around on him like JR stated.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I don't think that we've turned on Garcia the man, we all love his grit & toughness, but his production is way less than what we expected...especially after his amazing pre-Season & playoff performance.

But it is what it is...
    Last season with us he put up 5.3 shots per game, making 2.3 at .432. His 3pt shooting was 1.5 made from 3.9 at .386% he averaged 6.4pts, 1.3rbds, 1.1ast (&1.2fouls per) in 17.7mins per game.

This season he's made 2.1 of his 5.5 shots at .385%, 1.3 from 3.8 3point shots at .342% and averaging 5.8pts, 2.4rbds, 1.1ast (&2.1fouls) in 20.3 mins per game.

Very similar numbers.

I think that we may have expected a little too much from 'Cisco especially after his awesome playoff performances where he put up 10.7pts while shooting .459 from downtown.

Hopefully he can push his 3 point shooting back up around his career high of .400 from downtown, and find that fire & passion off the bench that he had in last years playoffs vs OKC.

That's all...

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

It's Clutchfans.

Players are the worst thing since Hitler if they have 1 bad game.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish he will come back with a bang. Hope to see Robert Covington making some 3's in his absence.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

Francisco Garcia has only had one bad game, you say....?

Now... are you absolutely sure... It's the Houston Rockets you've been following this season....?

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Garcia is our version of Kirk Hinrich: Plenty of "grit," a great teammate, but over the hill and really struggles with his shot. It's fine to respect the guy but still be frustrated with his play-- I am sure Garcia himself is.

I think Beverley's return will mean less minutes for Garcia as Lin is available to the SG and the team can also small ball some with Harden at the 3.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Amen, that guy was the class of that time, and it was obvious.

DD

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

quickly? he's been horrible and a net negative all season

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Garcia only had 1 bad game?

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Guys still gotta pay their dues, even with cisco injured:

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/jZiZ-zso-s/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

FYI, that's Smith and The Bodyguard.