1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francisco Garcia is Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Ultimate6thMan

It makes me feel like it's 94, 95, 96 all over again. I can't wait till the season starts, but I am really enjoying this offseason and watching Morey work his magic!

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what happens when you're a Championship contender. Quality guys line up for a title at the vet minimum.

And...I thought we didn't do player options (though it is for much less)....Dragic!

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What a great guy. I knew kings fans raved about his committment to teams, but damn

4. plus1

plus1 Member

Sources: Kevin Durant faints.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vet minimum! Fantastic!

Morey has got the stars in Howard/Harden. Now we can get really enjoy the spoils! Being able to attract quality role players at reduced prices!

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

We can't sign Delfino back and we must have the bird rights to Garcia

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I like it! Now let's trade Asik for Smith, sign Corey brewer, and go win a championship!!!

8. dantian

dantian Member

It's similar to what Knicks did to JR: opt out next summer and the team can offer him up to the MLE contract to make up for the money Garcia forfeited by signing to the min. this year.

9. LaCobra7

LaCobra7 Member

GAhh lee!!

Morey GM of the Year!!! I knew one day we would be back to all this excitement!!!

10. PureElement

PureElement Member

Love it. One of my favorite role players.

11. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Oh man I can't believe he would do that for us. Vet min. I loved the guy before but now he has jumped into one of my favorites. he can easily get 3mil on the open Market. I love the guy. Now we can sign Kostas to enough money to get him to come over now. Not sure what we do with Canaan. Would love to scrape away anothe mil to sign him to a 3 year deal.

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

now we just need delfino back. how can you dump a role player that dunked on kevin durant???:mad:

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The guy is loyal, but this just shows that we were a fun team to play for and that the players really love playing for Mchale.

He took a large pay cut to play for Mchale. Hey guys we have the ultimate players coach, and now our roster is starting to get up there with the best of them.

15. torocan

torocan Member

Expect Garcia to opt out at the end of year 1 so that he can be re-signed with the early bird exception (league average of $5m).

His release and re-signing was basically a favor to the FO so that we had the room to sign Dwight now and then compensate him later.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Awesome signing...now I know how the Heat felt when veterans would take much less money to play for a championship.

Big fan of Garcia, glad he's back!

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Thank you Garcia!
    You worth more than 1,3 million a year.
    Good to have you again

can we make a decent offer to delfino ?

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Welcome back Garcia!! You will be loved by us !!

19. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This. I saw this coming. I knew he would get a player option (even though they say Morey doesn't do PO) to come back for cheap. I don't think he comes back without one. This benefits him as well as the team. Win, Win

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Morey doesn't hand out player options because they can hamstring your options. A player can opt out if they're good or the can stay on your payroll if they suck. Neither option is good for a GM. At the veteran's minimum, though, this player option is a total non-factor.

What a bargain for Cisco. He's clearly taking a pay cut this season so that we can re-sign him next year when we have more room. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Rockets.