1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis Sighting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stylez, May 29, 2004.

1. Stylez

Stylez Member

I was down on South Beach last night walking down the strip when I spotted the Franchise (and Lonny Baxter) hanging out on the street. Being a native Houstonian transplanted in Miami, I was wearing my Rox hat and when I spotted him, I showed him my hat and let him know I was a fan. I also told him not to worry about all the haters (like 80% of the "fans" on this site) and thanked him for getting us to the playoffs and being the only one who actually showed for them. He was really nice and said he had love for everyone back in Houston anyway. Then I bounced and let Steve get back to hitting on this really attractive Latin woman who was hangin around. He was the 1st Rocket I've meet since I moved to Miami a couple of years ago and I thought he was pretty gracious w/ his time and was generally nice.

,PS: With all that said, if we can trade him for TMac, I'm defenitely for it. I mean, I love the guy but I'm not an indiot.

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

your not an indiot? are you sure? :D

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah Steve and many other of my regulars that come by the club are in Miami for the Big Memorial day weekend.

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

wasn't SF at Opus last night hosting his own party?

5. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Hey Stylez, I'm headed to Miami in August (UM); anything I should know about the place? Feel free to e-mail me or whatever.

Oh, and I really enjoyed South Beach. :D :D :D

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

No I believe that was an email that was sent out incorrectly with the wrong subject. They sent out an email with the subject during the lakers series

7. Stack24

He had a party at Opus Wed. Night with the clothing line We R One. there were a number of other players there. I stopped by for a minute saw Horry and Mcdyess. Francis hadn't shown up yet.

He left for miami Thursday morning.

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Is Steve Francis checking out houses in the Florida area?

9. Stack24

Lol No actually annually there are some of the biggest parties in South Beach for Memorial day weekend where all the players go down there.

10. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

That was the funniest thing I've read on this site in a long time. Thanks.

11. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

stack.. you run club too and the cafe? just asking because i saw on a site that a band i want to see was playing at live... wasn't sure if it was all the same thing..

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

coool..

i saw clyde drexler at u of h last night for a graduation

13. Stylez

Stylez Member

For Mr. Mooch my number 1 Miami tip is:

Make sure you have A LOT of money before you get down here if you're into the whole club thing. These places are much more expensive than anything in Houston, but then again, they are more fun.

I'm actually moving back to Houston in August to finish law school at home and take the TX bar so I guess I'll miss you. UM is a blast though (speaking of expensive, 30K a year! Damn!).

The celebs are all over the place here all the time so don't get starstruck and let me know what else you need to know and I'll see what I can do.

14. Mr. Mooch

Alright, thanks for the tips.

A reason I chose UM over Tulane was (well, besides Miami itself) I also got a scholarship which is hard to believe. Of course that's what they'll do -- give you a scholarship when you don't ask for one to entice you to go there.

It worked.

I have a cousin or something (don't exactly know how I'm related to her) who just finished her first year, so I've asked her mainly about the University, but I'll probably think of more questions as it gets closer/when I get down there. I got the New Times Best of 2004 paper which has been giving me great tips like 'Best Place for Public Sex' and 'Best Nude Beach'.

Oh, what's the best way to travel around the place? I won't have a car (at least the first year) and even trying to cross the street to get to the nearest Starbucks seems life-risking. How is the elevated train? Does anybody actually use it? Is Ft. Lauderdale or Miami airport better to fly in/out of? I've only gone through Ft. L, and traffic was nonexistent on 95, but the stretch from the beginning of 1 to campus was hell.
    E-mail me if you don't want to talk in here...

Thanks again!

Oh, and back to the main topic...
    Yes, I look forward to seeing Francis :D

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Hey Mr Mooch, at least be fair to Kobe - he has not been convicted of any crime .......

16. Mr. Mooch

i know, i know; i'll delete it when he gets exonerated.