1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis' playmaking abilities????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dcab, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Allstarmobley

Allstarmobley Member

Instead of trading for Nash, why not put Mobley at the point guard spot? He played there his whole rookie season.

2. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I don't think Stevie was at any point thinking that walterw.

I don't expect Stevie to average tons of assists, just make something happen.
    Don't come up the court and either turn the play into an ISO, or dribble your way in between 4 defenders to jack up a shot.

What I would love to see is him bringing up the ball and doing one of these:

-Immediately attempt to take his man, either off the dribble for a mid-range jumper or directly to the lane.

-Look for cutters, and there will be as long as they know that they'll receive the ball if they move.

-Go directly into the post, Ming or Eddie

-Run a 2 man game, something similar to the pick and roll. When done correctly, it's impossible to defend due to all the options available. You just have to be able to read the defense.

Just do something. You can only dribble a ball for so long, either do something with it or give it up.