1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis Only Took 8 Shots!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheReasonSF3, Jan 5, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Why in the world did Wink only take 8 shots. He really only took 7 cause I think they counted a bad pass on an alley oop to Cato as an attempt. His line was pretty good, 13 pts, 9 boards, 6 dimes, but he needs to take atleast 15 shots per game. He wasn't involved enough in the offense. I know a lot of you guys think Wink should be a pure point guard like Stockton, but this is what happens when he tries to be one. If he hadn't gotten to the line 8 times he only would've had 6 points! SHOOT THE BALL STEVE! I think either Mooch or Wink should've had it at the end instead of Cuttino. Wink scored the game winner the game before, and Mooch is known for being a Pacers killer.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I agree that Francis should shoot more and be more assertive.

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The problem with the Rockets is that Mobley is a role player who thinks he is a superstar, and Francis is a superstar who thinks he is a role player.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No, Francis is an all-around player. Maybe the best all-around player in the game right now. He won't give you 36 consistantly. What he will do is give you good or even great numbers across the board on a consistent basis.

5. freckle03

freckle03 Member

mobley is a bone-headed player. he turns the ball over needlessly.. i wonder if he and steve are really that close... if i were steve i wouldn't be very happy with the cat taking those wild shots all the time. damn the cat.

6. JAG

JAG Member

While I don't entirely agree, I have to commend a nice turn of phrase.

7. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Give the Pacers credit.

They switched on all screens and agressively trapped him on the pick and roll throughout the night.

8. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Steve is the man on this team, and when he only takes 8 shots, the Rockets usually lose. And, I know people are tired of hearing me say this but START EG!!! That 2nd Q is a prime example of why he should be starting. In the second half, he didn't play to well, but he should have been brought in sooner to mabey get in a groove. This team is not at it's best when one of your better players, EG, is on the bench.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I thought Francis got hacked and handchecked NONSTOP all nite. It was as if Isiah declared Francis Rules in practice this morning.

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Francis needs to have a talk with Mobley and tell him not to shoot as much. Rudy has to tell Wink to shoot more. It was hard for me to watch Wink tonight. It was painful. Francis only took 8 shots and was tied for the team high in scoring. What good does it do the team if Francis is passing to guys that can't score. Walt took more shots than team (10) and he missed them all and scored 1 points. WINK SHOULD SHOOT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!

#10 TheReasonSF3, Jan 5, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2002
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ROXRAN -- i don't mean to pick on you, because i see it a ton here...and i've always considered myself to be a huge houston homer until i started reading other posts here...but francis is the best overall player in the league?? you really think that?? i'm not sure francis is even among the top 5 guards in the league right now. and i freaking love the guy!!!!

but at least this comment is better than the "the rockets have the best bench in the NBA" comment i just read on another thread here. :rolleyes:

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

freckle, I think Steve and Cuttino are best friends.

13. DaneB

DaneB Member

I definitely agree, Steve should be getting an average of 15 shots per game since he is the leader of this team. When Francis is rolling on offense, the team plays much better. Also, it brings more double teams forcing teams to double him up. Francis should have been much more agressive than he was. Any chance his migraines could have been affecting his play again?

14. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah we are definetly better when he shoots a lot. I don't mean the he should be like Iverson, shooting whenever he gets the ball and shooting under 40%, but I think whenever he has an oppurtunity to get a good shot off he should take it.

15. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

The Rockest do have the best bench in the NBA, the problem is that some of those players are starting right now.

16. knifejc

knifejc Member

Hasn't this kinda been the problem with Francis his whole career, he doesn't take enough shots?

17. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I think Francis will be most effective when we move him to the 2 spot or even teh 3.