1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis has to go for this team to win consistently

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 29, 2004.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am convinced that he tries as hard as he can, but he just does not have the makeup to be a clutch professional ball player.

He panics late in games, makes stupid decisions consistently, and is having a horrible time throwing the ball into the ocean.

Can anyone name one single instance of a PG who got it after the age of 27?

I think Steve is a great one on one ball player who will get you 20pts 6rbs 6asts and 4TO a game.

That is not enough to win in the NBA.

Francis is simply not a max player, he is just stupid with the ball. He dribbles too much, can't guard any decent PG, and is just not as good as he thinks he is....

He is the most overated player in the NBA.

There is only one player on the Rockets that is capable of leading this team, and that is Yao, but Steve has to be gone to take it to the next level.

Francis has peaked, and as his athleticism wanes, he will become completely useless.

Francis Max contract goes in the same league as Maloney, Moochie, and Cato.....simply over paid for what you get.

Bye bye Steve....don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out.

DD

#1 DaDakota, Jan 29, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  2. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Although he is like a Monkey tonight. I still want to keep him in this team.:D :D :D

3. poison

poison Member

Such a no brain player !

Enough is enough!

Let him go away.:mad:

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He can't D up
    He can't shoot
    He can't pass
    He can't penetrate anymore

Right now, he's just an overpaid, overhyped Moochie Norris.

5. dischead

dischead Member

I agree, hes had a horrific season shooting and TO wise.
    He has trouble making a free throw these days!

If he shot 45% tonight Rockets would have won.

Trade him for a decent pass first PG and a big man that can rebound and score.

6. leemc1945

leemc1945 Member

FRANCIS SUCKS>>>>MY grandma could play better pg than stevie franchise...too many turnovers, no defense, other pgs light him up every nite, shooting is badddd, less than 40%...,HE IS NOT AN ALL STAR>>>>>>>>>>>get rid of him or we don't make playoffs....

7. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

All of my friends said he sucks but I am willing to give him time till end of season. He sure didn't play like a max this season.

8. DaDakota

This is his 5th season, and he has shown so little improvement that I think he has peaked.

He is what he is...a nice one on one player...but not smart enough to become part of a really successful team.

Francis must go.

DD

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Hate to say this, but after years of waiting, I finally give up on him tonight :(

Trade him, bench him, cut him, murder him, sent him on vacation with DaDakota............. Anything to get him out of the court would be greatly appreciated.

He is nothing but a distraction for the team right now, we can not win game with this guy jacking up all the stupid shots, he just won't fit into the system.

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I usually hate piling on a player after a loss, but he is so inept it drives me crazy.

We had a guy ON FIRE and Francis goes and shlubs it up by throwing up god awful shots. That can happen sometimes in bad offensive sets but not as frequently as happened tonight. He should tell the guys to get position to recieve a pass so he doesn't have to go 4 on 1 and throw up a r****ded shot looking for the foul (WHICH NEVER GETS CALLED).

I would LOVE to have a player like Bibby to run the offense. I've said a lot of bad things about the guy (another overpayed player) but he at least gets the job done more often than not.

Steve is a moron or he needs to tell his guys to move. Either way, he's a moron. 11 assists do you no good if you can't pass when it counts. Just like scoring 25 is nice but means squat if you can't hit a freethrow in a tight game.

11. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Member

Sadly, I agree. He and Cato are holding back the team. Sure there are others on the team that screw up, but those 2 manage to kill any momentum we have in a game with DUMB decisions. Those 2 guys have the collective basketball IQ of 10.

I would love a straight up trade of Francis for Jason Kidd but the Nets will laugh in our face. The Cato in the starting line up experiment is over, start Mo Taylor and banish Cato to the bench. Cato needs to start collecting DNP-CD like he deserves. I'll trade him for almost any other high paid scrub in the league.

12. DaDakota

By the way, if you are reading this Tim, the reason you have trouble selling out the building is that most people HATE the way Cat and Steve play.

It is playground, and is boring and offensive to most people who understand the game.

Get rid of one of them..........NOW !!

DD

13. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

:mad: Do not humuliate a monkey!:mad:

:D

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of people wanted Francis to be a pass first style pg. Tonight he dished out double digit assists and we lost.

The fact is that we need Francis to score to win. His shooting has been in a slump most of the season, but his defense has been improved, his passing is better, and that counts for something. Steve is not the reason we lost tonight or in Miami.

Further more when Steve is on the bench our offense seems to look totally out of sink and lifeless.

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Steve Francis isnt going anywhere! He must work himself through this bad patch and refind himself. I dare to pose the possibility that Steve Francis is not as bad as it seems. JVG is not using Steve Francis correctly, he is being asked to play the Traditional Point Guard etc and he just doesn't play that position, nor does he want to and shouldn't. Anyone watching the Game can see that Steves heart just isnt in it. JVG needs to have Francis play his natural Game and stop him being called upon to destroy his game. On the otherhand I consider the huge swing in Steves play isn't natural either and that's another story!

16. xicloud

xicloud Contributing Member

Francis... What can I say? The whole season how many decent games he has? The only one I remember is pacers game. The max contract is a joke. The all star is a joke.

17. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I have watched alot of basketball over the last 20 years and I can only name about 5 other games where a "super star" type player such as Steve Francis played so poorly. I am not basing this only on stats but his overall effectiveness of the game. Not only did he not produce, he let the players he was suppose to guard (Bibby) completely destroy him.

18. ayears

ayears Member

I'm a big fan of SF.But TODAY I CANN'T BEAR HIM...

Could anyone here remember how many times Steve Francis act recklessly in the end of each quarter?!?!?!

Could anyone here remember how many times Steve Francis still persist in shooting even though he had miss them once and once again?

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yes....I don't htink he's going anywhere so we have to be patient.
    I guess he will have to rediscover his shooting touch..recall how to dribble..and remember how ot make a layup....ahh sad.
    Who could we get for him??
    He's not going anywhere..just wait til the season ends I guess. We are a good team but mediocre in the West.

20. DaDakota

Not when Mark Jackson is running the point.

Yes we need Francis to score, but right now, he is just not capable of it....

If you are JVG would you retool your offense to get a 38% shooter more shots?

DD