1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis has to be the worst defender in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Mar 2, 2002.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Holy Crap! It's a little late for apologies don't you think? Six months too late to be exact. :D

As for defense, I think Steve and Cuttino might look better defensively in the future simply because noone will want to get their shot sent back by Yao.

2. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I don't know, I just thought it would be funny to tie up loose ends with my former incarnation. Hard to believe it's been 6 months:)

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The only problem needing correction in the Francis Defence is a fundamental one. He leaves the player he is suposed to guard.He tries to do too much and gets stung by that player.His opponent is now not covered, being left wide open for a shot, or to set up an even better shot!

4. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

It's interesting that the list of so-called "bad" defenders at the PG is so long. Could it be that most of the PGs have such good handles that they make everyone look bad on defense? The only person I have ever referred to as a good defender at the PG position is Payton.

Taking that into consideration, I wonder how bad Steve actually is?

5. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Has everyone seen the title under TroyBarros or am I slow? Hilarious!

6. aznlincolnpark

Don't blame Francis for his bad D, blame his migraine :D

7. o0|mcCants|0o

o0|mcCants|0o Member

can i say a word in this thread ???
    if yes my word is.....yeah. :p