1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Fran Blinebury] Unmade Deal Most Unfair to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by infinitidoug, Dec 11, 2011.

1. pacmania

pacmania Member

I don't think its accurate to categorize players as the number 1 option or number 2 option. In any given number of plays he can be the number 1 option even when he was with the Lakers. Its not like the Lakers consciously decide to go to Kobe on every single play. Teams sometimes go to certain players as the number 1 option depending on who is hot. It is not accurate to say Tim Duncan was the number 1 option in the Spurs team as on crucial plays they would sometimes go to Ginobili or Parker. Shaq and Kobe during their days could be number 1 or 2 ...Lebron and Wade...So number 1 option or number 2 option varies depending on a lot of factors in the game and in a particular series. What is safe to say is that he transformed the Lakers from a team that couldn't get past Steve Nash or the Spurs into a title contender.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe Fran is in line for Justice's old gig... I don't know how he's getting away with being that critical of the league on its own website...

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

because David Stern probably doesn't even use the internet.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

it is a series of tubes...

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He played way way too many minutes early last year, with Bynum's surgery and the ghost of kobe bryant past both doing not much of anything for the first 2 months.

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

You're wrong. Save your tomes for actuals points of dispute.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, he did transform a teams that got close to beating a title contendor into a title contendor.

I'm just saying he had very nice pieces around him in LA with Kobe taking the scoring load.

And he had Bynum and Odom who are very very difficult to guard (in completely different ways) playing next to him.

Yeah, but I'm scared of how much he has in the tank overall.

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

The Rockets should lie down and take it? You've been complimenting Mark Cuban on how he cried, and it worked for him. I say cry loud. This isn't the first time Stern has screwed the Rockets. Don't you remember those Dallas-Houston series just a few years ago? If the game is to be political, scheming, and dirty as you now seem to support, let's get rid of him so he never bothers us again.

1 person likes this.
  9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Hell yeah!

We need to whine and whine until the league notices.

Time to do what Cuban does best!

Make a fuss and cause a scene!

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would not mind them crying or complaining, but that is not the Rockets style under Les.

So we might as well move on, besides crying only further opens the wounds for luis and KMart...might as well let the healing begin and get back to basketball.

That trade is dead, what would be the point of whining now?

DD

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Exactly.

All Cuban has done is whine, and he has whined his way through to playoff series wins, and in this case killing a deal.

If we are supposed to "learn from the best", then we're supposed to play dirty and whine back.

There's only two options here. We play dirty and whine to the league like Cuban, or we let it go and realize Cuban is not some genius owner but just some crybaby douchebag.

There is no such thing as "let this go, learn from the master" or whatever bullcrap. That's a paradox, because if we are going to learn from Cuban we should be whining.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

JVG should have never spilled the beans about the refs targeting Yao 2005 vs. the Mavs.

13. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

I have this picture of Les unleashing all manner of Elmer Fudd-sounding f'bombs on the commissioner. That waskally wabbit.

14. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we are in the lotto at the end of the season Stern better give us one of the first three picks, and if the Knicks are in the lotto they better get the #6 pick! I’ll be happy with #2 and #6 David… HAH!

15. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

****oral damage is the worst!

17. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

When Mavs cry, cheat, and plays politics = Good move, they know how to work the system, get what they want, and the end justifies the means

When Rockets cry = Suck it up, you've been played by the best, stop whining

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Time to whine!!!

19. H-Town Rockets Guy

I agree with the article. Personally I didn't like the proposed trade for Gasol. It totally screwed Morey's plan to sign a legit center for sure. Damage is done. Both Martin and Scola said they put this behind them and moved on. This is not the first time it happened with Rockets. Remember Horry/Bullard to Detroit for Sean Elliott. It failed bcuz Elliott failed his physical. Rockets went on to win 2 championships with Horry.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

ahahahahahhahah.... yeah.....