1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fran Blinebury dissing Morey - Would Scapegoat Adelman Fit Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Apr 18, 2011.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/04/18/would-scapegoat-adelman-fit-lakers/#comment-117571

Lock if already posted.

His comments about Morey's bad decisions are all out of context. eg. he says Battier/Gay move was bad. And disses Morey for letting go of Artest even though Artest clearly chose Lakers over Rockets.

His stupid uneducated readers are agreeing with him too. Anyone want to join in on the comments and make their case for why Morey has made good moves, and how the Rockets short comings were all based on injuries?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sekou Smith looks whiter than usual.

[​IMG]

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Fran should have had Morey check his math.

2 people like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i agree clutch, but when it comes down to principle, hes correct.

Especially in light of what feign has said regarding Morey wanting to tell adelman what players to play and the disconnect between him not being informed of integral decisions to his own team.

5. 757

757 Member

Rep'd! :grin:

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's just rambling on, Yeah some points he had correct, Gay battier was a bad move on Morey's part, but given the situation at the time, it was what the Rockets needed.

He got the Artest situation completely wrong. Yao was out indefinitely that year, Artest wasn't getting any younger, and he was only brought in for a championship team with Yao and Mcgrady. Signing a younger Ariza was a good move.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Lots of misleading statements in that article to help him make his point.

I think you forgot a step, Franny..

Huh?

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fran is a fool.

9. Raven

Raven Member

There are legitimate reasons to criticize Morey's performance, Fran listed none of them.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Fran's point, though, is that the Rockets frequently make short, 1-year moves, jumping from one player to the next. There's a lack of stability and forward momentum. A lot of that has to do with the Rockets trying to make "get rich quick" acquisitions while depending on a shaky Yao/McGrady foundation.

The last 2 years, the Rockets expressed goal was to acquire a star player and defensive presence. And all they've come up with, really, is Kevin Martin and Hasheem Thabeet.

1 person likes this.
  11. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

he sounds like an idiot.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Let's see if they approve my comment I posted on that article

1 person likes this.
  13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Fran is right for once.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What did I miss? I just listened to an audio interview with Feigen in which he says Morey would in no way tell a coach which players to play.

None of this makes sense to me. Makes me want to go back to the days of Rudy T and CD where a scrub would go off for 20 points in a pre-season game and secure a max contract.

I think we're still paying Matt Maloney, aren't we?

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

w/ this roster, stability is meaningless. we can't stay pal until we get a star, then build around him. in last few years, morey tried to build around yao who he was betting on. of coz, he lost but i understand and treat it as one poker game loss. what's the point to have all role players but you even don't know who is your core of the team and what type your team plays will depend on what type of star you have on your team.

1 person likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well IMHO the Yao/Tmac situation was a desperate gamble, but one the Rox had to make. Had those two been healthy we would have had the foundation for a dynasty, and unfortunately you can't replace talent like those guys so easily. So IMHO if you were playing an odds game it was better to gamble on those two rather than trade them for spare parts and go look for another star.

Regarding the goals, 2 years is too short a deadline to get both a star player and a defensive presence. Saying all they've come up with is KM and Thabeet is totally wrong; Courtney Lee, Jordan Hill, T-will and Dragic are all worth more than Thabeet.

17. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

when we make it to the playoffs everyone would be thanking morey and the new coach .. im pretty sure.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Pre-cisely!

As soon as we start winning next season (if we have one) and make it to the playoffs Morey instanltly regains his Wizard of All status.

For now he's made every mistake in the book and is the worst GM the league has seen EVER! :rolleyes:

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It was the fact that the coaching staff was kept in the loop like they should have and weighed in, and ultimately ended up hastening through rotational differences due to the lack of instability, something Yao /tmac brought enough of.

Sorry I didn't clarify.