1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOXSPORTS] Rockets still missing a thing or two

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shroopy2, Nov 17, 2006.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

True but more than likely he has only seen the game last night and analyzed that ONE game and based all of his "facts" on this one game.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

5 star article

haha

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

the guy speaks the truth. stop being stubborn.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

although i hate rosen, i thought it was a decent analysis. in the 2nd half, when we ran the offense through yao and mcgrady was settling for jumpers, we looked like ****. my friend and i both made the same observation.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Agreed!! But there is no getting past that most of it was the TRUTH!

6. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

alot people may not like this but it is the truth except some parts like the love tmac has for the game. but other than that he pointed out the rockets inexperience which is expected with a new team that is builidng a relationship with each other.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

What an absolutely stupid article.

Subjective assessment and bias. :rolleyes:

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Even Scott Skiles said there wasn't a foul:

link

When the coach says that "it wasn't even close", and you're claiming it was a foul, what does that say about your objectivity? :rolleyes:

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The worst thing about Rosen is that actually makes a few cogent points but he buries them along with all his other bullsh-t and petty personal issues and crap-tastic opinions that they become obscured.

10. GMNot

GMNot Member

I think the most critical issue in his article is whether or not T-mac is not fully engaged emotionally in his "career" like he seemed to be a couple of years ago.

I don't know... I know when they show close-ups of him, there seems to be a distance in his face, like he's not fully into the game.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i feel bad for the idiots who know no better than to believe this guy.

12. durvasa

Do you know where his problem with Van Gundy stems from? Every time he mentions JVG, he attacks his appearance and personality. It's so unprofessional.

13. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

That scowl means nothing. Tracy is an introvert. I guess he has to yell and curse like KG to seem like he wants to be out there to you.

14. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

some of the claims made in this piece are a bit farfetched (read: T-Mac doesn't love to play basketball), but rosen is hitting upon some important points. we got lucky down the stretch and there were a lot of poor calls by the ref's that allowed us to eek out a victory. a win is a win and i'll take it, but please guys, lets get some fresh legs out there to maintain those 20 point leads instead of running around and taking 30 threes. its important to keep an open mind when reading these articles, i'm as die-hard a fan as anyone, but the guy was telling the truth for the most part.

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Remember those wedding photos? He's day dreaming about home. ;)

16. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i question t-mac's heart, i really do sometimes.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Great question and something I always wondered myself. I don't recall any time when they crossed paths. But I do know that Charley Rosen and Phil Jackson go WAY back and became good friends when they were coaching in the CBA, they even wrote a book together. So I would not be surprised if ithe JVG-animus related to the Bulls - Knicks rivalry of the mid-90's (which had a fair amount of inter-coach squabbling and bitter personal clashes, IIRC) and Rosen has taken it upon himself to be Phil's attack dog and trash all his potential rivals.

18. Dei

Dei Member

I'd like to say that this is just another case of Rocket hate, but I just have to absolutely agree.

19. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

this might not relate to this particular issue being discussed, but I thought it's really interesting and I dont want to start a thread because we already have enough negative threads!

did y'all hear what Collins said during the Bulls game?? he said "JHO is a nice player (BS) but I still think that Rockets are missing an important piece, that is, a 4 that has more range and can stretch the floor for Yao, they should try to get that 4" (btw, it's not the exact quote, it's based on my memory)

well, guess what Mr. Collins? we have this shooting 4 who can stretch the O, but guess what, our great coach doesn't want to play him because he likes him sitting on the bench!! we are not missing this piece, we have it, but we are not freakin using it..

20. durvasa

Actually we are using it. Scott Padgett?