1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOXSPORTS] Rockets still missing a thing or two

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shroopy2, Nov 17, 2006.

1. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

zzzz... b**** next time write some bs like this when the rockets gets blown away 20 pts

2. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

"In sum, Houston lacks consistency, overall team speed, legitimate power in the paint, enough players who can routinely make appropriate decisions, enough players with the right balance of mind and heart, as well as a winning game plan."

man this guy is insanely uhh... stupid. houston doesn't lack consistency they got positive consistency in going up 20 on every ball game and then they got negative consistency in blowing up the lead :D
    2) overall team speed?? the team outrunned the bulls and even TNT recognized the fact
    3) legitimate power in teh paint... this guy is ****ing blind, he can't see a 7'6'' 300lb object posting and reposting and now he is writing all this ****s
    4)As long as tracy mcgrady is making all those great passes thats "appropriate decision"
    5) and for the last pt, why the **** are the rockets 6-3 now and not 3-6 on this hardcore opening season schedule

man i know there's lots of improvements that need to be made on the team but please dont write anything so biased and intangible and publish on the web hoping ppl will agree with ur ****

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

This is a very good read. you delusional people need to take a step back and look at it from an UNBIASED point of view, like i did. it's true that t-mac only plays about 3 qrters. when we're up by 10 he gets complacent and starts settling for fadeaway 3's. everything about the article was true. we are inconsistent. t-mac is lazy, and i do question his heart.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

There is no doubt, but for sure he makes alot of valid points, as much as I hate to say it.

The Rockets really do play well, then kind of relax and get into trouble.

The Rockets need IMO Yao to dominate early and TMac to finish the game strong, that will provide them best chance of winning games consistently.

Just a thought :).

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

TMac dissappears in the 4th and only drives about 5 times a game. after that he settles for fadeaway bricks.

6. stephenchou

stephenchou Member

Hm, just like a chinese fan named Luo Yang Hua Kai, a diehard Yao hatre.

7. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Ok fine looking at it from an unbiased point of view makes it a little more sensible but if you're going to call out T-Mac do it on a night where he didn't hit a clutch jumper (not fadeaway 3) or hit two key FT's (again, not a fadeaway 3).

I'm sure everyone is questioning his heart right now and the way he's talking he's giving them a reason to, but he's not playing dead yet. 21 pts, 11 boards, 7 assists on good shooting? Come on man.

It's interesting how the Rockets are up 21, then T-Mac goes to the bench and when he checks back in there is only a 9 point lead with a total momentum swing to the other team and one of their better players is on fire. Also, when he gets the ball with no more than 7 seconds from far behind the 3 pt. line, he doesn't have much a choice (if you were referring to that long chucked up 3 he had which he almost made).

T-Mac's not helping anything by the way he's talking, but he's sure as hell playing fine to me.

Is it just me, or was his first dunk of the season tonight?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's his second dunk, by my count. He had a soft lefty dunk on a drive down the left baseline in an earlier game. This one was better.

9. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

It's usually T-Mac carrying us in the 4th. This season not as much, but he'll probably get it back. Like I said, he comes off the bench in the 4th when the rest of the Rockets have given the other team confidence and there is a complete momentum shift. He has to keep us alive. He's not doing as good a job this season as in the past but i'm SURE he'll get the message eventually.

10. SunsRocketsfan

yup battier was not even close to him.. he was a whole two feet back when nocioni took that shot.. what an idiot but he doest have one point that i was glad hte officails did not catch was yaos moving screens.. he did set a lot of picks and clearly moved into the defender.. but hey.. what all the crap yao gets called for and the crap people get away with its only fair

11. ritou

ritou Contributing Member

The article is biased. But he did point out some valid points with current Rockets, although everybody on earth already knows.

12. rapier28

rapier28 Member

C'mon this guy is obviously biased.

This is a quote from Coach Skiles

(on Andres Nocioni's three-point attempt to end the game) "There was no foul. It wasn't even close. It was a good no-call."

I mean, the bottom line is, his either deliberately lying or he hasn't really seen the call.

However, Yao and the Rockets should use some of his points as motivation. Yao should play with a king kong sized chip on his shoulder, considering all the doubts and negatives sorrounding him from certain areas.

13. akuma

akuma Member

he didn't even do that. that was the saddest flop i've ever seen. basically, he shot the ball well to make sure it went in, and the on the follow through, he knocks his arm on Shane's shoulder. THEN, instead of landing on his feet, he just limply falls on the ground. even Sloan couldn't teach that.

14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i know hes not playing for dead. statistically he played well. when ur that talented and good ur expected to do that, but guess what, a stat sheet doesnt show how much heart or passion a player has.

15. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well lookie here. If it isn't Charlie Rosen again, infamous hater of all things Rocket Red.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Did Van Gundy slap Rosen's sister?

17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

He dumps a bucket of **** on the Rockets the whole article, then finishes with "Otherwise, they're a hell of a ball club"??? Obvious sarcasm or what?

18. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

Did he saw those fouls not called when yao shot?

19. BlueberryEater

Rosen needs to shoot himself. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

20. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Why does it seem to me that Rosen was pulling a Clyde Drexler-- repeating everything Doug Collins said during the broadcast?

:p

Anyhow, some nights Yao will have the better nights and more favoriable matchups (i.e. when he's not guarded by 4 time defensive player of the year) than TMac, other nights it will be ther other way around... doesn't really matter as long as the offense clicks.