1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Yao Ming Says He is Not Ready For Hall of Fame Consideration Yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Compared to the overinflated egos of most NBA stars I don't find Yao's humility tiresome at all.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would make for some interesting induction speeches. ;)

Given how short player's careers are compared to the rest of their lives I have no problem with inducting living players. I also think that if you are inducting them as a player what they do with the rest of their life shouldn't matter.

3. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i wonder if he is secretly trying to come back......

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No he's wating on Cuttino and Francis to get nominated 1st...That's his click!!!!....I think they have a small shot if they go in as one

5. highlander3128

HoHo....
    Let's package Cat, Stevie and Yao as one piece for the HOF. ;)

6. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I wonder if he'd also turn it down if Chinese fans vote him as a write in candidate to the All Star Game next year... (or next ASG, whenever that may be)

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

No, they'll vote for Yi.

8. SunsRocketsfan

9. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

They didn't vote for Yi in the last 3 years. What made you think they will start doing it now?

10. highlander3128

Is this supposed to be an opinions or facts? I don't know whether to laugh or not.
    :confused:

11. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I don't think he deserves to be in the hall of fame. I think Deke deserves it way more than him. Mutombo is the 2nd leading shot blocker in the history of the NBA. Had much more successes than Yao, was voted an all star many times, and been to the finals and have to battle Shaq.

On top of that, all the things he did for his country is amazing. The amount of people he helped, built hospitals and everything. If anything, Deke should be considered a hall of fame over Yao.

12. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

The only thing that is proved in your post is that you have no idea what a Hall of Famer is. Read the book then come back to post again.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yao can go in as a contributer. Huge bridge created from China to the US. He was the epitome of international players in the NBA; in this decade.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

MambaJoe vs. Mamborock

I agree. He should also go into the Hall.

15. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

:grin::grin::grin:

So do you agree with me or him? You quoted his post...then said you agreed ...then added that Yao should go into the Hall (which means you don't agree with him).