1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Rockets will pick up option on Budinger, plan to re-sign Dragic, Lee & Camby

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jun 21, 2012.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Feel free to merge with any of these other threads. The only news here of course is the Rockets picking up Bud's option.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"Rockets to retain Courtney Lee"?

Come on, Berman. All of those items are things Daryl Morey has been saying on the radio since March.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Camby part is kind of interesting, though. Wonder what kind of deal they'll offer him and what impact it has on the potential cap room.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Obvious Berman is Obvious.

DD

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yeah, I didn't went with "Rockets to retain Courtney Lee" in the title, because more than anything it's a threat and it's something that we've heard from Morey himself before.

Will the Rockets match any reasonable offer for Lee? Sure.
    Will they match any offer, even if it's completely outlandish? I somehow doubt that.

Picking up Bud's option probably was a no-brainer, but people said that when we picked up Dragic's option instead of making him a restricted free agent last summer as well. I do think that in Bud's case it was the right decision.

Sorry for screwing up Bud's name in the headline by the way and thanks for fixing it. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahhh, Morey working Goran over .....

That piece should make any Houston Rockets fan smile.

We have a brilliant GM and it appears to be almost a forgone conclusion that the Dragon is staying put. ( we'll see about the $$$)

#6 Plowman, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  7. Classic

Classic Member

Vet min or Deke style deal.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Lee is ok if you have TMAC and YAO or two heavy scorers like them. Theres no point in going after these role player type guys now. And its not like Lee is a really attractive trade piece either, the best he could get us Omer Asik. Whats the point of paying him 5 mill for few years?

Save the cash for the right guy. Sign guys cheap like Alonzo Gee and tank.

Camby is a guy we would need regardless tanking or not. Bud is crap BUT AN AWESOME pick up at 700k.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I can't dump on Berman

10. cod

cod Member

Camby will be in and out of through injury. That's not good for on-court chemistry. Need a healthier player, need the line up stability. Especially if they go young.

11. pass_to_Hakeem

hopefully Camby isn't gonna be our starting 5 .. I have no problem whatsoever with him coming off the bench, I think he played pretty well for us the 1 month he was with us. We clearly need a younger, better 5 to start...

12. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

No Patterson...I told yall

13. Carl Herrera

Patterson is not mentioned in this article because he was not a free agent and already had a guaranteed contract for next season.

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Hoopshype has his salary in red which means team option

15. Carl Herrera

Camby probably should not be playing 30+ mpg at his age. Sort of like when Mutombo was here-- was very effective as a backup and even as a starter when Yao was injured, but playing starters minutes for a dozen or so games clearly wore on Dikembe's body.

That said, I don't think he is a worse risk than any of the other center options out there. Plenty of young bigs get injured, too. Just ask Brook Lopez.

16. Carl Herrera

The option was already picked up earlier in the season. Had to decide before January 25, 2012, actually.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q48

#16 Carl Herrera, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Not saying your wrong but they already have Ariza and Okafor on wizards pay roll so I know they would've updated already for Patterson

I don't want him on this team anyway s he plays to nervous and timid & doesn't know how to set proper screens

18. Carl Herrera

Hoopshype has the wrong info. See my post above, the deadline for picking up options on first round picks happened already on January 25, 2012 (typically, the deadline is October 31 of the year before the option year, this time it's delay due to the lockout).

19. Voice of Reason

Daryl Morey says a lot of things that don't always pan out. However, if Berman say's it, its a done deal. : )

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

My apologies went to spotrac and it stated it was picked up....still don't like his game