1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Rockets Hope to Re-Sign Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amorephd, Mar 10, 2009.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Landry plus 4 inches would be an all-star and better than Bosh.

2. stra

stra Member

Kyle Lowry perhaps? :) ( I could actually see it happen for him...)

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

To bad Sammy is an idiot on the court. Commits dumb fouls all the time and makes boneheaded plays a lot of times. Definitely a Sammy, but with a much HIGHER IQ.

Sammy can't hit a jumpshot to save his life either.

4. battousai

battousai Member

With the Cap space u get in 2010 and the core of this team, we should definately shoot for Lebron and Wade first.

i doubt any other team would be able to give these options to them better than Rockets. not to mention everyone is talking about the salary cap changes and possible lockout.

we got:
    -championship caliber team. (who else got two of the best defensive players?)
    -dominate Center in his peak
    -big market in Houston and in China (endorsements)
    -23 mils off the book and free to spread.

Think Lebron wouldn't be happy about this? he complaints about Cavs, they are even willing to get shaq for wallace. Wade is not happy in Heat too.

5. thefan

thefan Member

Anybody have any idea what a Chinese shoe contract is worth?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Landry plus 4 inches would be a male p*rn star.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Not sure what the news here is exactly. I wasn't exactly expecting Morey to come out and proclaim he had no interest in retaining Artest.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To pay our own free agents.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

no link?

downgrade to rookie

10. GOAT

GOAT Member

If we give Ron any type of deal it pretty much takes our chance of getting anyone for a max contract in 2010. that is why i keep saying that we would have to move Tracy's contract to make ourselves better.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No offense, but neither of those guys is coming here.

LeBron either stays in Cleveland or goes to NY. I would list Phoenix as a dark horse, if they keep Amare, they'll still have freed up a lot of cap space.

Dwade seems solidly attached to the Heat; and anyway, why leave Miami for Houston? Why leave Miami for ANYwhere?

We need cap space to sign our own free agents. That's why I would think the order of business in the summer is to:

1. Use Tmac's salary + one of our promising young players to trade for Bosh or Stoudemire (not holding my breath)

OR

2. Try to make a trade that nabs a player who'll help the team AND a player with a large expiring contract so we can still pay our own guys in 2010 (i.e., Nocioni/K. Smith), which, now that I'm writing this, makes me think we'd wind up with the sort of tradeable assets we want to take that shot at Bosh/Stoudemire

OR

3. Sign someone to the MLE and simply let Tmac's contract expire

The way the team is playing, I don't know if we need the home run, the BIG SPLASH. I'd say we upgrade here and there.

12. GOAT

GOAT Member

I really think he will move T Mac's contract this summer or before the deadline for the other superstar or for a couple of good players. Re sign Artest will happen more than likely then trade T-Mac contract to the Warriors for Maggette and either one of Jackson, Monte, or Crawford.

13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I think Morey is very smart, Ron wants to know he is wanted and respected. This is all psychological right now.

I think our best course of action is to resign Ron for 3-4 years and trade TMAC's expiring contract either this off season or just prior to the trade deadline for the "missing pieces" to make a deep playoff run next season.

I am expecting to see the 2nd round this year and a helluva effort to make it to the WCF (probably a close loss in game 7 due to being on the road in the 2nd round)...which will effectively put the nail in the coffin regarding TMAC's time in a Rox uniform.

;)

14. apxn82

apxn82 Member

Totally with you on this. Get rid of T-wack and sign Wade. We'll be lock in for at least 2 rings.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wade is prone to injury because of the way he plays. With the doctors we have here, he'll probably have season ending injuries as well (and he takes as long as Tmac to recover). I'd rather go after Joe Johnson first. Unlike Miami (which is a really nice place to live in), Atlanta has got nothing on Houston. I'm sure he's fed up with losing on the hawks as well though.

16. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Artest has transformed us from a very soft team to a very physical team. We have to resign this guy. I'm not clear on how we get rid of T-Mac by next year. :confused: For someone taking 20 million in salary, i think they'll want more than one role player and a 1st round draft pick. Unless someone here has 20 million to buy him out here.

Then again, next year is a contract year for T-Mac so i wouldn't be surprised if he could finally make it through healthy w/o injuries with his time off this year helping him rest.

I can't imagine losing Scola and his occasional 15 rebound nights and always being in the right places, unless we picked up a Chris Bosh, Amare w/o an eye problem, or maybe most interesting trying to pry Lamarcus Aldridge from Portland in fears they can't resign him needing to pay all their other talented youngsters.

17. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I say we resign him but lets get to that when the season is over sometime in June- July :cool:

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If Lowry develops a jumper, I could very easily see him becoming a star at PG.

19. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Lowry has a jumper. He just doesn't have 3 pt range with it.

20. ptrinh

ptrinh New Member

We should not sign Tmac. Thats a savings of 21 million. Use 10 million of that to sign Ron for 4years each. Then use the rest of 11 million to sign another great point guard that wants to win.

PT