1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Europe May Become Option for Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 23, 2008.

1. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

AHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....WWWWWWWWWWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAA....really thats what i did when i read this bs from buddy. This guy is a total douche that has no idea what hes doing :D I would love to see buddy get MLE money from a euro team :p

2. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

sign & trade landry for some euro scrub

3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Carl seriously needs to get a new agent

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Euro teams are only a fax/email away. A 1.8M euro offer would come close to a full mle deal after tax I think.

5. Breaker

Breaker Member

LOL. Btw, I was jking. I hope the CIA don't come across this post... I don't want the mens in black to come knocking on my door tomorrow. :eek:

6. MystikArkitect

Someone needs to let Landry in on the situation one Bonzi Wells got himself into when his agent convinced him to hold out for more money.

7. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

The Rockets have reason to believe that Carl's knee is shot - it's been hurt several times and maybe it's just like Dominick Davis' knee. You don't throw away a MLE on faith.

Every player needs to do a physical; essentially subjecting themselves to being examined from head to toe. This isn't something new for Landry.

If Landry doesn't want to comply to the Rockets request obviously no other team wants to give Landry a contract. And Europeans aren't going to throw stupid money if Carl does not allow himself to be examined.

Carl and his agent want the team to show good faith. Uhmmmm, how many here posting wouldn't want an employer to show good faith to you and pay you 5 million dollars a year?

5 million dollars even for one year isn't good faith. It's a lottery won!

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

To make sure we stay accurate, if Landry goes for 2 yrs and come back, he's unrestricted. The Rox will only have his rights for 2 yrs.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL - bye Carl.

10. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

By the way, I think the Rockets think that Landry may not be up to par after the injury. Let's not forget they did go out and get Dorsey in the Draft - they say he's capable of spelling Yao at center, but he does have the body of a Shorter power foward.

Morey is a very smart man. And he knows that Landry and his agent might be standing on just one leg.

Last season, it just took Landry a lot longer to get back from a knee bump than any of us here thought was going to take. That goes to say there might be something more serious with the knee than Landry, his agent, and his private doctor may be letting onto.

And that in my opinion addresses the concern for Daryl Morey.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

another ploy for leverage by an agent who has tried everything to get the rockets to overpay his client.

he didn't follow the team doctors orders (opting for a personal doc's rehab strategy) he won't get the knee tested before signing...

this guy either proves he's healthy or let him go.

if i were DM, i would give baker and landry a deadline to get the knee tested before moving on to sign another 4.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I heard Landry was second choice after Conan O'Brien to replace Leno. Offering 5mm per annum....take heed Rox.....

signed,

ARI GOLD

13. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Buddy Baker is just trying to ask for all of the MLE so he can get his cut stupid freaking greedy a**hole!! I swear one day somebody, someone will put a hit on him.

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Call the bluff.

If he goes to Europe...fine. At least he's not with a different NBA team.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apparently. If we're willing to make him a qualifying offer every year that counts against our cap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3501488

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Don't be to sure, because thats what all of us UofA thought about Brandon Jennings before it actually happened. But man, is going to play in Europe starting to become a new fad or something?

17. csux

csux Rookie

Carl Landry's agent is a moron.

18. yobod

yobod Member

Landry might want Europe, but does Europe want him? In order for him to go there, wouldn't a team have to offer him a contract first? Or is that just a minor complication? Buddy Baker is an ass.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What is ironic about this is that last year the Rockets wanted Landry to go over seas for a year or two but Landry refused because he wanted to play in the NBA.

20. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

that's what I'm saying...

let landry play his 12-15 min for some trash euro team...we need to move on and sign deke and dorsey for this upcoming season :cool: .