1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Europe May Become Option for Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 23, 2008.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Completely, totally agreed. Let him PLAY

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think someone just lost all his leverage. Either get your knee checked or get your passport stamped.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

:medal

time to **** or get off the pot, landry. don't get me wrong, i want landry back... but he becomes much more expendable now and we're not going to waste our time for someone that won't even give us a guaranteed bill of health before we sign him to a multi-year deal.

4. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Agreed. Loved watching him play and help this team when "he was healthy". If he can prove that he is healthy then Im welcoming him back with open arms... if not, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nothing has changed he will be re-signed.....he may have to sign an offer sheet below what he thinks his value is...but something will get done.

DD

6. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

when did landry start thinking he was Kobe in his prime??....this is getting ridiculous for a player of his status....he is a guy who had a stretch of 15-20 good games who might have a bum knee....Landry needs a new agent but if Landry really feeels this way, then good riddance...

7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Do you think Artest signing could affect Carl Landry's decision to return in a positive way? Maybe Carl will see we have a legit chance of winning and he''ll stay? :confused:

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think you're right, but he now becomes another chip for us. We can sign and trade him if someone is interested, or we can make our qualifiying offer and wait.

I don't want to get too arrogant because the right injury would make Landry invaluable. But as of right now, is he even cracking the rotation? Or at least in manner that Dorsey or Hayes couldn't fit it for 10-12 minutes a night.

Alston/ Brooks/ Barry/ TMac
    Tmac/Artest/ Barry
    Artest/ Battier/ Novak
    Scola/ Landry/ Hayes /Dorsey
    Yao/ Deke/ Dorsey

-and that's even if we go 9-10 players deep, which I think we should to keep Yao's minutes around 25-28 a night.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He wants big bucks.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The MLE can't be used in a sign and trade so this is impossible. He could be signed and then used as an asset in a trade later in the season though.

11. abita

abita Member

and he is not going to get it from us. :rolleyes: