1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox Sports says Darius Miles for Andre Miller trade is done

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swopa, Jul 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

2. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ooooh! Aaaah!

Clips should kill. They gave up nothing. The roster is solid.

Now, the coach has to perform, no excuses. Larry Brown should go back there. If Larry Brown was coach I'd pencil in 50 wins.

They have a problem with no shooters. Jump shot drills for everyone.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Rockets are pretty loaded to, and they have this point guard named Steve Francis, people may have heard of him. The Rockets have an answer at every position, a deep bench, and 3 franchise players so bring it Clippers! This should be fun! :)

4. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

The Rockets have 3 franchise players?

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Yao Ming , Steve Francis , and Eddie Griffin I guess..

but the starting clippers lineup is now this? :

Pf - Elton Brand
    Sf - Lamar Odom
    C - Michael Olawakandi
    Sg - Quentin Richardson
    Pg - Andre Miller

Is that right?

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The Clippers are quickly becoming a scary team. Three years ago, nobody could have predicted this. I think Miller is much more valuable than Miles. Damn.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Clips rape the Cavs.

rape rape rape.

8. Hallama

Hallama Member

The trade should be labeled this way:

Dre Miller +
    garbage

for

Darius Miles +
    garbage +
    Extra Ping pong balls for a shot at Lebron...(because the Cavs are going to suck w/o Dre)
    -------------------------------

If I were the Cavs, I would have asked for an extra draft pick.

Welcome to the WC Dre, buckle your seatbelt...

9. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Interesting trade in that neither Wilcox, nor Ely were involved. Here's what's even more intruiging. Next year, Odom, Miller, Brand, and maggette are restricted FA, and Kandi is unrestricted FA. Who do you pay and how much? With Wilcox and Ely, do you let Brand go and pay big money to the rest of the guys?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Clippers get a good young talent for a good pg, but with the way DaJuan Wagner's been lighting people up, and if he can do it during the regular season, I don't think Miller will be missed.

We'll see, but I don't think this is as lopsided as people think... not yet anyway.

11. drpepper

drpepper Member

The cavs got raped BAD!

12. haven

haven Member

I guess I'm alone in seeing this as a good deal for both teams.

The Clippers get a good young distributor who seems more mature than most of their players.

The Cavs get a guy who could be a super star.

Of the two players, Miles has the higher ceiling. It's just a matter of *drum roll*... developing a jump shot. While that's often said about players, Miles would need less of one than most, since his physical tools are so amazing.

Develop ball handling, too, and he's a top 5 player. As it is, he looks like he might be Shawn Marion 2, which is nothing to sneeze at.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Wagner might end up being good, but that doesn't make this a good trade. Miles < Miller.

Cleveland will still suck tho. I'm just mad because the Clippers solved their most pressing need by just giving up one of their swingmen. Getting rid of that extra swing player gets rid of their logjam at the sf spot.

And they have quality frontcourt backups(possible studs in the future) in Wilcox and Ely. No more time for stupid Rooks.

grrr.

:mad:

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Damn, this trade sucks for the Cavs.

Darius Miles COULD be great, but unless DaJuan Wagner is just out of the stratosphere, Miles is going to be lost in Cleveland. I just don't see him being able to carry a team along with Wagner. He is a complementary player...not one to build a team around.

Meanwhile, Miller will quickly establish himself as one of the top if not top PG in the west, and with Brand, Richardson, Maggette. plus Wilcox and Ely, this is going to be a great, young, talented team.

Add to the fact that the Clippers did not give up their rookies and this is definitely a deal that made me wonder about Cleveland's GM (Embry??).

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Anyone else see this as a "Bibby" impact trade, that, at least for a year, vastly improves the Clips playoff chances?

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this is great for me. being from LA my number two team has always been the clips behind the rockets. The first ball i ever went to as a kid was a clips/rocks game at the sports arena 13 years or so ago (I cant exactly how long ago i was in 2nd grade thats all i remember) but anyway
    mwhuhahuah
    if both of these teams stay healthy look out west you got some YOUNG and TALENTED teams coming your way

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know jack/squat about Jamison. Miles + Wagner will equal excitement and butts in the seats; but they need a real point guard, because Wagner is more of an AI (on the court, mind you; exciting but undersized SG) than he is a future Payton or Kidd.

18. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Have faith in the Clippers, they will win 40-45 this year then lose everybody next year because Sterling is a joke. They salvaged MIller despite themselves this year but they are still stuck with their draft night screwups (2 back up PFS) and this will lead them to probably decide not to resign Brand among other gaffes.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No. Sac was already a top tier team.

Your question really should be is this a "Jason Kidd" impact trade. I say no.

20. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

I like this trade for both teams.

Clips get the point guard they need so badly, and a damn good pg they got. They've got a scary team...luckily Mark Cuban's not the owner and Daniel Sterling is, so we don't have to worry too much about them in 2 years, which is when they would be REALLY scary.

The Cavs get a potential superstar that needs some time to develop. So basically the Cavs have two underdeveloped future superstars in Miles and Dajuan Wagner that will have a year of being the go to guys on the team. That team will not get a lot of wins next year, but I think that's exactly what management wants, so they can potentially get Lebron James in next year's draft. Can you imagine: Wagner, Lebron, and Miles at the 1, 2, and 3 for the Cavs? Not only is the upside for those 3 super scary, but all 3 of them are going to be extremely young. Scary thought.