1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox Sports] Rosen's take on Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rumcoke, Sep 3, 2007.

1. ling ling

ling ling Member

If you can beat 1 allstar but can't beat an allstar double team, you are marginal.

CHEESE LUIS

2. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Firstly, I don't believe he will drawing many double teams on the Rockets with Yao standing next to him. Secondly, we can only hope that he does!

3. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Rosen is a douchebag.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow so let me get this straight he was able to handle howard one on one but had trouble when double teamed? what a shock there is probably a list of 5-6 players in the world that can handle when being double teamed by two all-stars. and those "harmless" passes to the outside are only harmless because the argentinian shooters did not hit their perimeter shots.

looks like rosen still is an ass regardless if jvg is here or not, but i expected as much

5. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

rosen and jvg got into it back when jvg was coaching the knicks and rosen, the unprofessional journalist that he is, has had a personal vendetta against jvg and enjoyed writing bad about him and the rockets. But now that jvg is gone and rosen still writes such garbage about Scola, then he is truly a moron! :mad:

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't think I coulda said it any better myself.... :D

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't get it... why do people get so defensive every time somebody writes something critical of the Rockets players. Especially in a situation like this, when how Scola turns out is anyone's guess right now.

Why is every negative comment have to be based on some sort of "vendetta" by a "hater" (which, by the way, is the most annoyingly overused word nowadays), are sport columnists not allowed to have opinions?

And then when someone praises a player who isn't popular on this board, he gets called as a "so-and-so lover."

Jesus ****ing Christ, it's just opinions. It's sports, not everything is ****ing love or hate.

8. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

a professional journalist is supposed to remain objective. when he lets his personal feelings of someone affect his analysis, he loses his credibility.

if you have ever read his articles about the rockets and jvg over the years, you will know it was personal to him.

but to answer your question, yes, analyst/ journalist have a right to their opinions. but us readers have the right to rip them when we think they are wrong and praise them when we think they are right.

that will never change. :D

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Rosen is nothing more than a stupidass.

10. Sextuple Double

Rosen makes it sound like Scola is gonna be doubled-teamed on a regular basis. All he needs to do is be able to catch a pass and score the ball from out to 16ft, which he can.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You are right, of course, about we having right to have opinions, too. It's just that people always phrasing things in terms of love or hate gets rather stale. Sometimes, a guy just has an opinion about a player's skills. I don't think having concerns over how Scola fits into the NBA requires "hate." It's a legitimate question. Oberto, who did quite well last year, took a whole year to adjust to the NBA. He didn't really play many meaningful minutes as a rookie.

Now Scola is generally known as a better player, but he faces similar challenges. I mean, even Scola himself doesn't throw around the kind of wishful statements people throw around here about him.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

As long as you don't vouch for him the way you did V-Span and Langhi, I like my chances :p

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

What i love about scola is he's off the ball movement. he dosent need the ball to be effective. he'll get most of he's points off the ball. he'll get alot of cheap buckets and draw alot of fouls.

14. tomato

tomato Member

:eek: I must admit...

I'm Rosen and I'm covered with white hair
    [​IMG]

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Your last two sentences are offensive to Christian Morals.

16. Jd1

Jd1 Member

Would you please stop polluting the BBS with Rosen's crap? Why bother?

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

rosen can predict anything he wants but he said "at best" he'd be a marginal nba player. that's far closer to an "at worst" scenario.

i don't think scola is an all-star but he looks like a legit starting pf right off the bat which is far superior to marginal.

18. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Quit being so damn rational and level-headed!!! Rosen is a dillweed. Plain and simple!!!!

19. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I really think that if a Rockets' opponent ever had to set up a special defense just to contain Scola, with T-Mac and Yao both healthy and out on the floor, that other team likely would be in trouble on the defensive end. I wonder if Charley Rosen ever thought about that possible scenario?

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Scola's O looks great, Im concerned with this D. It could have been the foul trouble and lack of help D from other teammates.

However, we will no longer play 3 on 5 or 4 on 5 with Scola taking chuck hayes spot on the floor. His spot up J is automatic and will make the top pF come out the paint, opening the floor for Yao all night long.

Just imagine this, no blown layups by our pf, who avg's 3.5 blown layups per game. I will not write on the lack of jump shoot and scoring beyond 5 feet. Love chucks hustle, however, he's 10 minute player.