1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox Sports "Ming and Battier overrated"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rldewar, Aug 16, 2008.

1. beatpole

beatpole Member

HAHAHA THOSE ARE FOOLS

2. killer instinct

Fox and anything haven't to do with it creates dissension just to drive ratings.
    O'Reilly needs to be on the front line of IRAQ and the Foxsports guy needs to pick a 80's haircut and stick with it.

Overrated compared to who?The guys they defend every night?
    I guess a 22 win streak was overrated as well.

3. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

It's sad how our very own Rockets fans underrate our own players in Yao and Shane.

Yao can't carry a team? What did he do when the early part season was spiraling out of control? ... Help carry the team.

Shane gets lit up by premier wing players? Shane makes them shoot way below their normal shooting percentages.

#123 rocketsregle, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yao can carry a team, but if one of them is to be injured, the rockets have a bigger playoff chance with McGrady. But meh, the rockets are underrated, our achievements were underrated, and so are our players.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I bet the guy who wrote the article is a huge fan of players like J.R. Smith, Stephen Jackson, Amare Stoudemire, etc....

6. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

trading a lottery pick for Battier is definitely a statement. Not to mention the Olympic berth (whatever the reason maybe).

7. abita

abita Member

Fox News is overrated, someone should kick them out of the news industry ;)

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

by the writer's evaluation, i wouldn't be mad if he says tmac is overrated.

let's be real, tmac and yao haven't won jacked, and yao hasn't really been that great in the playoffs. tmac is 0-7 in the playoffs.

battier, outside of last yr, has choked in the playoffs.

fans need to take a step back and be unbiased for once and say hey, "i understand why he would think those guys are overrated."

i'm sure everyone knows tmac and yao are great players and tmac is one of the best talents anyone has ever seen, but they need to win.

9. t_mac1

yao is overrated not b/c of him, but b/c of his potential once he did hit his prime. we all view him as a franchise player, but he has never carried the team well without tracy and he has never dominated in the playoffs for us.

i do agree battier is overrated. doesn't mean he's not one of the best defenders, but like that guy said, playing 37 mpg and coaches praising you like you are one of the best role players of all time, and the stats he put up offensively and how he has done in the playoffs, he is overrated. remember, people get on rafer and others for shooting, shane gets more wide open stand still shots than anybody on this team and shoots 43% OVERALL. that's mediocre if you look at it (at least rafer has to create sometime and do other things offensively).

10. superx

superx Member

Let the writer go to hell with his article. :mad:

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Fox Sports itself is overrated!

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I can understand saying they might be overrated, but two of the top five in all of the NBA?? Not likely. Also, you can't say someone's overrated unless you think their team underachieved. Wade, before these Olympics had everyone saying he was through, how can that person be called overrated if they had no belief in him at all.

Same for Shane. How can you say he's overrated when no one expects him to do more than what he does?

There are far more "overrated" players in the NBA than the five this guy picked. My problem is in saying these are the top 5 and four of them play for the same two teams.

13. t_mac1

yes the writer might be biased, but even if they didn't rank them, and they just said those 2 are overrated, this board would still go ga-ga over it. just like how some go ga-ga if the rockets aren't ranked high in some stupid team rankings.

14. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Fox Sport is Lakers/Celtics bi#ch so this doesn't surprise me.

Looking at only stats... if Battier is overrated why was he 3rd for DPOY and why he was selected for USA NATIONAL TEAM?

I think that 12 yr old is writing that stuff.

15. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

The true top 5 overrated list is this

1. Dwight Howard
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Chris Bosh
    4. Carmelo Anthony
    5. Rashard Lewis

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

co-signed, if it were extended I would add Marcus Camby to the list, too. How did he win DPOY?

17. sgwjj

sgwjj Member

the joke was not funny.

18. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I think the headline is a typo. It should read Ming and Battier are overhated .

19. double d

double d Contributing Member

Relax everyone, it's just the Fox media machine just generating controversy for controversy's sake, very little substance, ie "The Top 5 Reasons You Can't Take Fox Sports Seriously".

If you let yourself get pissed off by this, you're just feeding the beast.

20. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Never carried the team well w/o McGrady? Did last year not happen? I think it's time for you to move on from the word never.

Has never dominated in the playoffs for us? Not like Shaq no he hasn't but he has shown up. Let's face it Yao wouldn't even be on that list if he could stay healthy.

Shane actually shot 44% in the playoffs and 45% in 06-07. Neither FG%s are mediocre. The thing with Shane is that he should be a bench player like Posey but was a starter on the team.

You don't win and your name will show up in these type of lists. All the Rockets players need to do is prove in the playoffs. Overall that is a weird list, there are better candidates to put on it than what the author chose.