1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Fox Sports) Greatest 'In Game' Dunks of all time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream2franchise, Nov 28, 2006.

1. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

That Dr. J dunk was awesome.

2. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Both of those were great blocks.

Dream made a lazy pass at halfcourt, and Strickland picked it off going the other way. It looked like there was no chance, but Dream ran him down and emphatically blocked it into the seats. There was one camera angle, where you couldn't even see Dream in the picture, and the ball had already left Strickland's hand, when suddenly Dream materializes in the screen and sends it into the stands. Awesome.

The KJ block was a Barkley full-court pass lofted to Johnson, who rises for the dunk... only to have Dream reject him at the rim, sending KJ to the floor. I remember Danny Ainge trailing on that play, and when no foul is called, he immediately starts whining to the refs. :D That was hilarious.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

he did it to them both. he threw a pass away at midcourt that strickland intercepted, then he flew down there to swat it into the stands.

the kj one phoenix just got a turnover or something and barkley threw it way ahead to kj and it looked like he had a gimme dunk until dream just comes flying in and swat it from behind right as it's getting to the rim. the ball goes out, kj falls down. kj and dream got each other big time in that series.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

there are so many dunks to choose from. In my personal top ten I would put steve francis's dunk on jahidi white in washington in 2001 I believe. then robert pack has a dunk on shawn kemp in the 94 playoffs that was absolutely sick. robert pack was the best in game dunker under 6'5" before francis I would argue. james robinson who played at alabama with horry and mcdyess was also pretty good.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I really don't like a lot of what Kenny says, but Europeans don't usually put up a big fight when it looks like a lost cause. They just don't play tough defense.

That being said, everything he says about Yao is unfair. Yao is no European. He plays tough D even when it looks like a lost cause, he plays hard every play and he is a legit superstar in the making. Kenny will come around eventually. I'm sure he's just as tough on Dirk.

6. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

Vince carter's top 50 could go up against TMac's top dunks any day ... I've never seen so many different, difficult, and unbelievable in game dunks from a single player ... drexler and others were superb athletes and better players and esp. better winners, but drexler has had only 15 or 20 dunks that are on par with carter's best 50 or 60 ... i'm talking about in-game NBA dunks ...

7. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

francis 4 prez and Mack,

Thats right! I can't believe I didn't click on that KJ block. Thanks for clearing that up.

8. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Vince Carter.. greatest dunker of all-time.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Drexler had an in game dunk that was nearly from the free throw line. Surprised that wasn't mentioned.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

One of the most underrated dunkers in the NBA. The dunk at the 2:50 mark is ridiculous.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-b2Jtv4qJI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-b2Jtv4qJI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I LOVE that video! The free throw line dunk is at about 1:30. Amazing.

12. max14

max14 Member

HOLY LORD, that dunk looked like those pics where the cheerleaders jumped off a tramplin.

13. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Vince Carter without doubt is the best dunker of all time. He makes it look so easy even with the degree of difficulty involve.

Kemp's dunk on that unfortunate GS player and KJ's dunk on Dream stand out as joint stand-outs.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I agree, Carter's 'in game' dunks would be right up there in that list, nevermind his dunk contest dunks...

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Where's Stromiles dunk over Yao? :D

16. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

is the kirk snyder dunk on von wafer there?