1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX]Olajuwon: Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin 'combination is very deadly'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eomor131, Sep 18, 2013.

1. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

FYI, here's a listing of starting point guards from last year and their salaries.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/48033/jeremy-lins-contract-in-perspective

Here's another of the top 10 paid point guards in the league.. Lin makes less than all of them. http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nba/point-guard/

At $8 million, he's getting paid an average point guard salary. People don't respect the point guard position, but it's one of the key positions that drives the success of any team without a player named Lebron on its roster.

2. jocar

jocar Member

I don't underrate him, I just find it hard to give him any props or support in here while a large number of his staunchest fans are consistently, unfairly trashing my favorite players and the coach every chance they get. When I'm among friends and family I'm screamin and cheering him on.

That said, I'm dying to see Lin/Harden/Parsons/Dwight/Asik hit the floor for the first time. I'll be like..
    [​IMG]
    while opposing teams be like
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is probably one of the worst posts in a long long time that it does not warrant a response. Take a break from posting.

4. Sanity2disChaos

I hear you and all BUT on this team a 8m pg is not needed, a 8m+pf is....Beverley fits THIS TEAMS PERSONNEL just the same as lin.

And he is surprisingly good, young and cheap. Like I said.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9690749&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden will have to let Lin be the primary ball handler, but Lin also has to share the ball handling duties with Harden.
    They have shown they can do it in spurts, sustaining it for a long period of time is going to be hard.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I have been telling everybody the league better watch out because Dwight is hungry again and that is very scary for the league. He is reminding me of how hungry Lebron was to prove all the haters/critics wrong and to win a ring that's the feeling I'm getting from Dwight he is hungry and he now has a big chip on those big shoulders of his and that is scary my friends. This guy can dominate the league nobody will be able to stop Dwight he took a decent Orlando squad to the finals now with better talent and more help a ship will soon be delivered to houston all Dwight needed was to get hungry and motivated again and thanks to all the critics and haters he now has that fire again so watch out NBA because superman/rocket man will be back

8. steady

steady Member

I agree, I thought it was a miracle Lin did not miss a game until the playoffs given the pounding he takes. Hopefully, he will learn to finish those drives (or get fouled) without taking such a beating. Remember that 38 point game against the Spurs. .... Luckily, there could not be better player for him to learn this skill from than Harden.

9. coffeelover665

Maybe D12 will stand up for him too. I don't like seeing our guards get bullied when they drive inside. #signRonArtest

10. MONON

MONON Member

repped! rofl at the spoilers!

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

if the Dream thinks Lin has a vital role on this team, then he is staying...just saying...more likely that Asik gets traded mid season or next season sadly...

Lin = next Kenny Smith...:) i Like it...

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

that's the spirit jocar!;)

13. treeman

treeman Member

This is what I want to hear. I think Lin is a perfectly serviceable role player. I think he and Howard can work seamlessly together, that their playing styles complement each other. And with another star on the team the pressure is lessened on Lin to be a star - he isn't a star. But he can be a very good role playing PG on a championship caliber team, I think.

I also think he might be a very good 6th man candidate. The idea of playing Asik and Lin as the anchors for the second team gives me a Willy. :)

(yes, that means Bev starts, but I think he works better with Harden at this point anyway... not ideal but not bad either)

14. steady

steady Member

Yes

I do think it's possible though. I just remember games like that Christmas game blowout of the Bulls when they did share ball handling responsibilities, and it was such a thing of beauty.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

well she looks decent...:)
    [​IMG]

16. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

Bring Jlin to LA:cool: Welcome a new Laker :)

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Olajuwon said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "He has a nice post move. I said 'how come you are not using that in a game.' He said 'I played like that in college' and Olajuwon pointed out to Lin 'If you catch those little guys in the game that guard you, your advantage should be in the post.'

college fans with knowledge step up & shed light.:)

18. hbomb

hbomb Member

Hillarious.

HURRY UP SEASON. LETS DOMINATE ROX

19. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

There are a ton of players that make more than Lin that don't even play 20 mins a game so his salary all in all is not that bad. You cant compare him to guys still on rookie contracts

1 person likes this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

Make no mistake, Hakeem wants Dwight to dominate, but he recognizes that Jeremy will be a catalyst for that to happen.