1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX]Olajuwon: Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin 'combination is very deadly'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eomor131, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Rox23

Rox23 Member

This competition between Lin and Bev is quite silly.

Bev is the perfect backup PG with his aggressive defense. No way a player could play aggressive defense like that for 40 minutes over a full season.

We want Bev off the bench to provide a defensive "spark" and hit a couple of threes.

Last year I think was an anomaly for JLin. Many, many good things have been said this summer about JLin's improvement and his hard work. The guy can put up 30/10 at any time if his confidence is high. Houston--don't trade away your third star; and don't get rid of Bev b/c he's the perfect backup PG.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

the way lin and chandler played in ny may help us to understand the potential reward of playing lin and howard together. i am excited but very cautious.

keep in mind, lin is special when he has the ball in his hand. if not the case, he will be pretty much same as the last season, a solid pg. that's it. the trick part is harden. to expect lin to become a sharp spotup shooter is a day dream.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I'm just glad Lin has had a full and healthy offseason. Yes there are concerns about health issues, but his knee injury would've happened to anyone on that Jason Kidd drive, his leg got caught and personally its amazing how innocuous these things can be. The chest thing is just obvious, if you can barely raise your shooting arm then what use are you in Basketball of all sports.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'd go as far as Drexler. I'm just as excited as that sweet Valentines Night. :)

5. ada32

ada32 Member

roslolian, let me tell you a little secret.
    They pay Lin as a starting PG and Bev as a backup PG.
    The truth is in the $$$.

6. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

If Dwight played in place of Asik last year, Lin would have had 7.5 assists per game. Lin really kept on passing the ball to Asik even when Asik was (still is?) not good at catching and making easy lay-ups. Dwight would have caught it and just dunked. I say 15 points, 8 assists if Lin gets to play the same amount of time each game. Parsons is going to get a lot of open shots with Harden also being able to hit jumpers or do PnRs with Dwight. I have a feeling that Dwight and Lin will click because deep inside, both are goofy, easy going, decent and religious people.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lol @ this reddit comment

Houston Rockets, check.
    Black guy with history of injuries, check.
    Asian guy who's inconsistent, check.
    Hype about their pairing, check.

8. RocketPowerNick

LOL at all the Rocket "fans" who wanted Lin gone, The Dream has spoken!

1 person likes this.
  9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Ignore the Knick trolls

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Dream is just buttering Lin up with this "he can be a good post up player" line in hopes Lin will drop $100 grand to attend his post-up camp. ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This makes me giddy to hear it from Hakeem. If Jeremy improves at all, I'll be excited. He's obviously going to get smarter, have less turnovers and do more things to help us win, but better shooting when he was already good sounds like a marked improvement.

Go Lin!

1 person likes this.
  12. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I think Beverley is taking a backseat next year. He was mainly helping out the team when they were shorthanded but now we have Dwight.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Great to have Jeremy Lin @jlin7 join the lakers facility for pickup games today! He was in shape and shot the ball well #linsanity - @madsen_mark "lakers assistant coach" mark madsen 9/18/13

interesting ??

14. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Jeremy is attending "Linsanity" premiere in LA tomorrow night.

15. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

omg traitor! trade him now !$@)(**

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Dream has spoken and everybody jumps on the Lin bandwagon.

Seriously, I think it's up to McHale to figure out how to use Lin and Harden together. It's also a challenge how to use Howard and Asik together.

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Judging by all the attention he still gets, I don't think anyone ever jumped off.

18. Sanity2disChaos

Ok this is the thing with Beverley, he is in the same situation parsons was in when he entered the league. Surprisingly good, young and cheap....so if you like Parsons then you should looooovveee Beverley.

Just saying and on this team we honestly dont need a pg making 8m.

19. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Yeah they do, cuz they need someone else besides harden who can create their own shot. Bev nor parsons is good at that, but lin can definitely create

20. Sanity2disChaos

You have a ball dominate 2 guard and superstar and you talking about a 8m lin needing to create ...bev cannot?...shm..ok

And he is surprisingly good, cheap and young. Like I said.