1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX]Olajuwon: Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin 'combination is very deadly'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eomor131, Sep 18, 2013.

1. joe101

joe101 Member

Is a filet mignon 8X better than a bigmac? I can't eat 8 big mac so I'll have a filet mignon.

If and when Bev becomes a starting PG on an elite team, he'll be paid accordingly.

2. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

"I was told Jeremy's very, very strong. If he's stronger than a guy, take him in the post. The post is not just for big men. The post is for anybody that can take advantage of their size. Take him down in the post."

:cool:

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Is Beverley 1.25 times better than parsons? Is harden 16x better than Beverley? Is Bynum as good as Lebron?

The real question is, are you ****ing serious?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Blasphemy, repent! Now!

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I believe next season that every meaningful minute the Rockets play will see (Lin or Harden) paired with (Asik or Howard) on the floor. Houston's offense will be pedal to the metal for all 48 minutes of every game next season. And the defense should be pretty darned good also.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

If our guard is linsanity then why is he our clarity?

Answer that dream

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I've been feeling Lin is going to have a big season for us next year. Still won't be what he did with Linsanity but if anyone is going to improve the most on this roster it will be Lin. I say 16ppg, 7apg, 4rpg, 2slts, 2tpg shooting 46%, 37%, 82%.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lin will do well now that he has a legit PnR partner. I think both Lin and Howard put up better stats than they did last year.

10. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Hakeem isn't shy with compliments so I'll wait and see until pre-season hits. But it feels good hearing nice things about the team you support.

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I think he carried the team when parson and harden were resting from fatigue towards the end of the season when our playoff spot was still in question. For one game with both of them.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I expect Lin to have a monster season. He will be much improved; much, much improved. He has a unique skill set, he is very fast and elusive. He has good size and quickness. But it is his shooting where I expect the most improvement. He has worked very hard to get better.

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Well, Olajuwon says he can shoot, Coach Sampson says he can defend, and Howard can catch the ball. So, could be.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Is Lebron 20 times better than Parsons? Is CP3 6 times better than Kyrie? Stop with the nonsense

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I say 14ppg, 7.5 apg, 2stls shooting 44%, 37%, 80%. The only reason I don't think his overall shooting percentage will be higher is because he'll be shooting relatively more 3 pointers than he was last year, dragging down his overall percentage a little.

But as long as he's being productive and efficient and being a good complimentary piece to a winning Rockets team, I could care less what his stats are

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yeah you're right.

tired of everyone putting down Lin to prop up Bev :p

But seriously, everyone should want Lin and Beverley to play well. Anybody who's main reason for wanting him gone/traded is that he has annoying fans is just a sad person.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Is Bosh as good as Lebron? Is Brook 0.68 Jimmers!? is Asik 0.4 DWIGHTS!? YOU CAN HEAR IT ALL HERE ON FIRST TAKE!!!!!

18. SuperManRocketz

People who say JLin is a scrub never watch him play every game..support the whole team ..

19. kumakun

kumakun Member

that just blew my mind. wish i had a gif for that.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Man I LOVE the fact that Olajuwon is back in the organization.

I also expect Lin to have good season. I expect him to be our 3rd leading scorer barring some acquisition. I do believe he ends up scoring a bit more than Parsons this year.

16.3ppg/7.2 assists/ 4 rebounds/2 steals/3.5 turnovers.