1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX]Olajuwon: Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin 'combination is very deadly'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eomor131, Sep 18, 2013.

1. catch22

catch22 Member

according to you logic, you should buy 8 hyundai to feel like you own a bentley

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

Who cares how much they make? I'll ride with whoever makes the team better. 8M or 1M, none of that matters when you are on the court, playing the game.

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

That's one way to look at it. Bev is a good value. But if you guy a VW for 10k and a Mercedes for 30k, the VW was a better value but you are still comparing a VW to a Mercedes. Just an analogy to prove a point. I'm not saying Lin is a Mercedes. And maybe Bev earns a starting role ...but maybe not. Bev shows promise but the only thing potential means is you haven't done it yet. I'm glad we have Bev and look forward to the battle. Competition is good. (see Foster/Tate)

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lin has to forget that he needs to be Linsanity to succeed. If he can do that,he will have a strong year getting easy baskets for Howard/Harden. His outside shooting will benefit from the attention that Howard will get in the post.
    This 4 spot experiment with Howard is unnecessary. Howard will get into foul trouble against the 4's who will pull him out of the paint. If Asik gets into foul trouble against them,that's ok.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My biggest concern with Lin is health. Can he finish a season?

6. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I'm so ready for this season to start. I'm holding off on GTA and Xbox one, so that I can get league pass and the wife doesn't feel too neglected.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

You play whoever gives you better output on the basketball court in the limited PG duty time.

one LeBron or 20 Parsons?

8. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

As a rockets fan, you treat Rockets player like this. I don't think you will not treat your family member the same way.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Did Morey write this article?

/s

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I just found out you can track Morey's sphere of influence by the number of times they use "asset" when talking to media :)

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He didn't miss a game until the playoffs.

12. koalaznbear

koalaznbear Member

This should be a promising season. The last time I was this excited we had our 20+ win streak going. I feel like every game this season will be that thrilling and all of the players on the team have skills to contribute.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I just need Lin to play with confidence and have confidence in his shot.

14. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, but Lin brings in 20 times his salary and Bev does not. You must remember the market Lin brings in. That is why Les is a Billionaire. Lin is way cheaper than Beverly.

I love Beverly but I won't make an erroneous argument for him.

Typical interview by the Dream. I'm really excited to see them play. Love that the Dream is helping the Rockets. I also agree that Les is a hell of an Owner, Sir Charles might disagree.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Oh he'll finish the regular season only to miss the playoffs like the last two years

1 person likes this.
  16. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Great point.

And Kobe Bryant (30.5m) is 2.089 times better than Russell Westbrook (14.7 m) too.

Math FTW!

17. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

What's the point of this post? He chose the wrong time to get injured?

18. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Lol, with all the hating on Lin from you, Beverley will still be backup next season. :p

19. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Having Dream involved with the team is perfect. The greatest Rocket ever. When he says this team has it all, you better pay attention.

20. bmd

bmd Member

They didn't use asset in the same way that Morey does.

They mean asset in that he will be a positive player. "Having Billy on the team is an asset to this organization".

Morey uses the word asset as a noun. "I'm collecting assets".