1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox News busted for making stuff up about muslims

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Can you show where the studies are conducted by the left?

Here is a link to one such study.

http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/

http://www.businessinsider.com/stud...-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

The business article about this study concluded that "the most popular of the national media sources - Fox, CNN, MSNBC - seem to be the least informative." Fox viewers are the least informed. NPR viewers are the most informed followed by, yick, the daily show. That's just how bad 24/7 news are.

Fox news is so bad, they rank lower than no news. Which jell with this whole thread - they so often misinform and their viewers can't differentiate. MSNBC isn't far behind.

2. Remii

Remii Member

---Those watching only*MSNBC*were expected to correctly answer only 1.23 out of 4, while viewers of only Fox News figured at 1.08.*The study noted that the effects of*Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio*depended on the ideology of the consumer.

“Ideological news sources, like Fox and MSNBC, are really just talking to one audience,” Political scientist and poll analyst Dan Cassino*said in a*press release. “This is solid evidence that if you’re not in that audience, you’re not going to get anything out of watching them.”

Ideology works in mysterious ways....

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

feel free to compare examples

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

LOL we got a butt hurt fox news watcher here. Lets all point and laugh!

[​IMG]

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Fox news lie, they are fear mongering and some of the dumbest reporting on the planet.

MSNBC is a less nutty version of Fox but for team Democrat. CNN play it in the middle and trying not to piss anyone off from the Dems or Republicans.

Say it is about ratings, I call bull****. The average age of the Fox audience is something like 71, CNN and MSNBC can't draw **** when it comes to ratings.

It isn't, it is all about access. Kiss up to the establishment, don't rock the boat, report what they want, make **** up to conjure votes and get the ACCESS!

MSNBC, Fox, CNN are all about kissing the ass of the establishment. Trust me, Democrats, Republicans...it is all pro wrestling.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Jews don't control ****. Israel does have America by the balls though.

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Just wondering why someone chose to post in my feedback instead of discussing it in the thread...

"Oh please. Everyone that posts in D&D is a sheep. Including you. Wake up."

I would ask who, exactly, my shepherd is. I don't watch any of the 24 hour "news" networks, preferring to get my news from journalists who write instead of pundits who spout off on the television. I fully admit that I have my left-leanings, but it is becoming more and more likely that I will write my doctoral dissertation on the topic of guns, specifically the link I have found between CHL laws and lower crime rates.

IOW, unlike many, I tend to think for myself after weighing actual evidence and, in many cases, doing my own empirical research. If you want to disparage me, have the guts to do so in the open, rather than hiding anonymously in the feedback.

#67 GladiatoRowdy, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

CNN apologizes for 'no-go zones' segments

where's the thread for "CNN busted for going along with Fox in making stuff up"

truth is... CNN,FOX,MSNBC, etc etc are all controlled government media and people who believe the **** they're selling is a part of the problem.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

TV news should really be dying out by now.
    You can up to the minute news updates from your phone, computer, tablet, etc. Why do people still rely on these TV news stations to gather info?
    Confuses me just like newspapers continuing to exist confuses me.