1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox/Marvel] Fantastic Four reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Jan 27, 2015.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

As much as I like seeing Alba in tight-fitted clothing she was a horrible casting choice. I guess Kate Mara fits the part a bit better but...yeah...

It's unfortunate cus I would have paid to see it if it was even average. I'm avoiding this **** like the plague.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

not as bad as reviewed but surely no game changer in film history and among comic adaptations

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Trank only did the first half of the movie apparently. The last half was reshot by the studio after Trank was let go. And if you have seen the trailers, with The Thing jumping out of the airplane....that is one scene that isn't even in the movie.

Yeah everyone should definitely wait for video. Don't give Fox money for ruining F4 yet again.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4.2 on IMDB out of more than 6,000 reviews with a metascore of 27/100. Ouch

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

‘Fantastic Four’ Director Says the Studio Wrecked His Movie

Director Josh Trank suggested on Thursday that he wasn’t responsible for the final cut of “Fantastic Four,” which has been widely panned by critics prior to its Friday release.

“A year ago I had a fantastic version of this. And it would’ve received great reviews,” he wrote of the 20th Century Fox and Marvel pic. “You’ll probably never see it. That’s reality though.”

The tweet was quickly deleted from his account.

A spokesman for Fox could not be reached for comment.

[​IMG]

“Fantastic Four,” starring Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell and Michael B. Jordan, has only a 9% fresh rating on RottenTomatoes. Variety critic Brian Lowry wrote that it “feels like a protracted teaser for a more exciting follow-up…that might never happen.”

Trank, who previously directed “Chronicle” for Fox, was scheduled to shoot a “Star Wars” spinoff next for Disney and Lucasfilm but abruptly left the project earlier this year. He later explained his departure, saying that he needed a break from high-profile movies.

“I want to do something original after this because I’ve been living under public scrutiny, as you’ve seen, for the last four years of my life,” he said. “And it’s not healthy for me right now in my life. I want to do something that’s below the radar.”

Speculation emerged following the announcement that Trank been fired from the “Star Wars” film due to erratic behavior on the set of “Fantastic Four.”

“None of those facts were true,” he said. “And any of the facts that were true were spun in such a maliciously wrong way.”

“Fantastic Four,” which cost $120 million to produce, is still expected to debut to $40 million at the box office.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I read he was fired for not showing up on set. Sounds like he was on drugs.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Fox decimated his version of the film. Look what happened to Ridley Scott and Kingdom of Heaven.

That makes sense after reading this...
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/05/fantastic-four-review-its-clobberin-time

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Yikes............................................

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Man even worse than Howard the Duck?

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

saw it last night, was terrible.....

one review summed it up nicely

this was a 100 min trailer that built up to nothing.....

#130 Dave2000, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  11. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

Also seen last night. Save your money. I give it a 4/10.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You know you're my dude, but you're always endlessly positive about movies. The fact that you think this one was terrible is more than enough reason for me to avoid it.

13. conquistador#11

ghostrider, the punisher and fantastic four were my favorites. why can't anyone do them justice!

14. Convictedstupid

I have a solution to make this movie better.

Start watching, fall asleep with 30 minutes left, sleep for 10 minutes but tell yourself you slept for 30 minutes and that in that time the characters went through some difficulty that led to character development, finish the last 20.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw it last night hoping for a surprise but man it's pretty pointless and worse of all boring.....

FF4 with teen angst and Dr. Doom looks really silly.

Tried to distract myself by checking out Mara in the suit but it wasn't enough.....

[​IMG]

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

lol, it does take a lot out of me to hate a movie

sucks that one of my favs in Kate Mara was in crap movies with this and Transcendence

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually liked Punisher: War Zone:eek:

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Punisher & GR right back with Marvel Studios. Punisher will be in season two of Daredevil. I expect to see GR in another dark TV show along the lines Daredevil.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is the second movie I walked out of. The first one was Avatar: The Last Airbender

Just don't watch it. 0/10.

20. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I did, too. Ray Stevenson was a damned good punisher.

Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, and Blade all in the same universe, finally.

I'm also hoping for the Howling Commandos to show up at some point.