1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox/Marvel] Fantastic Four reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Jan 27, 2015.

1. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

I'd say equal moreso than trump. I also think Thanos is the more interesting villain but that's really not the big picture here....

Marvel has plenty of things to choose from but it's really a shame to miss out Galactus, Annihilus (Annihilation), Skrulls (Secret Invasion). Reed and Doom are such good characters as well....!

At least 100 Bullets is getting a movie...

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think Galactus and Silver Surfer are really needed in Infinity War - especially not with everyone who's a superhero being in the movies. Even though it'll be two movies, one villain is enough.

And even if it wasn't, they can easily shoehorn in villains into the IW movies because we still have Dr. Strange, Thor 3, GotG 2, Civil War and Spidey all before the first IW movie. And in between IW p.1 and p.2, we have Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Who would everyone cast for the F4, if we could re-do it? Honestly, I know Cumberbatch is locked up as Strange, but he could have been a good Reed Richards.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Thanos has always been Galactus' punching bag, that needs to be established. Galactus is the supreme villain in the Marvel Universe before Thanos gets the Infinity Gauntlet or the Cosmic Cube. The Mad Titan is a powerful foe, but he is constantly bullied or put to work for Galactus, it's part of why Thanos is so hungry for supreme power. Thanos has also had a ton of run ins with the Surfer & both Galactus & SS are huge parts of the original Infinity Gauntlet arch.

Scans (Spoilered for size & mild spoilers):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't give a **** in what movie they introduce Galactus & SS (logically it can either be in a F4 movie, Dr Strange or GOTG2) as long as they're established before Infinity War.

Also, I'd love to see Jon Hamm as Reed Richards.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

They're not going to introduce Galactus or SS with such little time left. Especially since they've been touting Thanos as the big bad, all this time.

Dormammu is probably going to be the villain in Strange, and GotG2 has probably established a non-Galac/SS villain already.

I dunno about you, but I'm a little tired of "world destroying" villains. We saw that in the first Avengers and second Avengers. Fight choreography (no matter how GGI'd) between the heroes and Thanos/his minions would be great. A bit like the start of AoU.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Y'all need to stop with the Galactus/Fantastic Four ****. None of that is needed / will be used for Infinity War.

The comics and movie universe are different, period. In Guardians of the Galaxy it's stated that Thanos is "the most powerful being in the universe".

He's the final boss, there may be others involved in Infinity War (almost assuredly there will be a couple), but Thanos is the end game.

Even if Marvel got back the rights to Fantastic Four (I would be surprised to see that in the near future), they're not going to have time to establish all of that prior to IW.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I brought up Galactus specifically as the villain for the next major multi-phase production (15+ years away), not Infinity War. After Infinity Wars Marvel will need to re-calibrate and work towards something new with Spider-man as their show horse. Galactus makes perfect sense.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think Thanos could whoop Galactus. Galactus isn't really evil. He kind of just does his thing.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Doesn't neccisarily matter, Galactus is better known and they can build him up to be a bigger threat for a movie if needed. You cant really build up any other existing villains for a multi-phase storyline. They need an ace up their sleeve if DC is going to continue to make movies.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Galactus is like Death and Eternity - they are physical embodiments of abstract concepts
    . . . ... Thanos is kinda in love with Death in the romantic sense . . . .

Rocket River

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can Thanos really 1v1 Galactus? Galactus eats freakin' planets, right? lol.

But yeah, he just does his thing, which is pretty boring.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This. Galactus is not truely evil just destructive like a hurricane or tornado. Insatiable appetite is like a curse in the Secret Wars he wanted beyonders power to alleviate his need to devour planets.

Thanos lacking the infinity guantlent is like an ant to Galactus.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Worst reboot i ever watched .

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Someone else was saying Galactus needed to be in Infinity War.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Marvel may be going in the "Thanos as the final boss" direction but by no means does that mean that they should omit Galactus. 75% of the battle in the Infinity Gauntlet comic is with the cosmic entities (Eternity, Infinity, Galactus, Kronos).. This isn't the Walking Dead where you can kind of follow the story & just wing it from there.. The Infinity comics are just as iconic as "The Killing Joke" "Death of the Family" so if you're really telling me you want to see them completely side step that & have it end with a corny & outlandish Captain America shield-throw that knocks the Gauntlet off, then so be it but I would consider that bull****.

& IMO Thanos has always been extremely overrated, he needs his toys to be on top. 1v1 Galactus would curbstomp him without the IG or HOTU.

[​IMG]

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The FF was the first comic I started collecting back when and issues 48, 49 & 50 still give me goosebumps. From the beginning, this movie just did not feel right. I understand that it's based on the Ultimates universe instead of the Stan Lee-Jack Kirby version but it just never looked like what an FF movie should have been. It was far too dark and looked more like Man Of Steel (which was also too dark for the Superman character) or Dark Knight. Which is fine for a character like Daredevil (the Netflix take is awesome) or the Punisher but it completely misses the essence of what the FF was all about. They were superhero pop icons in much the same vein as the Beatles were in music. They were fun, with each character bringing a unique perspective to the group. This movie showed none of this which is why those folks who, like me, were fans of the original comics had no reason to go and see it. And with the Internet & social networking buzz being so toxic, there wasn't any reason for younger movie goers to go see it as well. To me, this was as big a fiasco of missed opportunity as was that 2013 catastrophe The Lone Ranger.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes! That's what I'm talking about! Finally saw it and it's quite possibly the best super hero movie ever. It has drama, action, and riveting dialogue.

Reed: We just want a place where we can work.
    Sue: And whatever we come up with belongs to us.
    Gov't guy: And what if we say no?
    Black Johnny: Say yes.
    Gov't guy: How much space are we talking about?

BOOM!

Fox finally did it right this time. Who cares about old superheroes when we can has high school aged heroes. I hope this FF series goes to at least 5 movies.

10/10

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^ jontro, you sure you weren't watching the Fantastic Foursome instead?