1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox believes Christie was trying to earn team's respect

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coolpet, Dec 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. coolpet

coolpet Member

2. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Uhh what? It was Fox who shoved his elbow into Christie knocking him down to the ground. It was Fox who then shoved his hand into Christie's face provoking Christie to give him the chin music that he received. It was Fox who ran around to the visitor's tunnel to instigate another brawl. Fox has the reputation of being a dirty "pretty boy" type of player, and this incident just adds to that reputation.

3. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

If you believe that then I have a bridge in Denver i'd like to sell you.

4. Variant

Variant Member

It's pretty clear what happened if you were actually watching that game... Fox did one of his dirty, "enforcer" type plays and Christie responded catching Fox completely off guard and making him look like a fool in the process. Fox is only trying to save some face by making up this BS to explain his arse-kicking away.

Amusing though.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I hope Christie kicks his sorry ass!

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

You guys never fail to amaze me.

Fox is s#itting out of his ass. Obviously, Fox initated the incident. This is a Phil Jackson-esque quote to try and get into the Kings' head.

Anytime a Laker says something, everyone wants to make it a big deal. The Lakers are the #1 team at saying s#it for the sake of getting teams unfocused from the task at hand.

I'd be willing to bet that Fox or Horry will do something to stir the Kings up in tommorow's game. We'll see if it will work. One thing for sure, is that LA has had a decided mental edge over Sac the last few years.

7. Shrimpie

Shrimpie Member

Yeah, even when one of the Lakers farts on/off the court, it means to get the opponent unfocused, a part of the grand scheme under the Zen master.

One thing for sure, Fox started the fight, got his a** kicked and got a heavier punishement from the league. Advantage: Lakers.

Shrimpie

8. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Christie made Fox look like the wimp he is. Fox is all talk. What a scrub. I never liked Christie, but anyone who makes a Laker look silly gets respect in my book.

9. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Fox is like a little dog: all bark and no bite.

I remember that fool tried to pick a fight with Danny Fortson. And when Fortson stepped towards him, Fox kept walking backwards until somebody got in between them. Then he started yelling at Fortson. I'm glad Christie punched him in the face. If he was trying to get respect from his team, it may have worked because he earned mine.

10. coolpet

coolpet Member

why u guys hate Fox? and why so many Lakers hater out there?

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Many of us would ask, Why do you like them?

Probably we're just eager to see the arrogant ba****ds get knocked off their perch. As far as Rick Fox, well, he's always been a punk, an instigator. To be fair, Fox is Big Chief Triangle's go-to dirty player.

For example, Rick standing, bringing up the ball in both hands as if to pass, and brushing Christie's chin with "an errant" hard elbow, then acting all "what's-this-guy's-problem?" when Christie retaliates.

12. SLA

SLA Member

Rick Fox pushed Doug Christie down, and Doug Christie threw the ball at him. And they started fighting. That was hilarious.
    The game at Golden State against the Portland Trailblazers. That was entertaining too. Chris Mills, the guy who started fighting with Bonzi Wells...then went to their locker room...THEN parked his car in front of the Trailblazers team bus was only suspended for 3 games while Rick Fox was suspended for 6 games and his incident occurred in a preseason game. That's a little unfair.

I love Vlade Divac! He is so funny. He was staring at Rick Fox before the game started. And Doug Christie mooned Rick Fox. The Los Angeles fans were crazy. The Lakers are so sad that they blew a 12 point lead.