1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I cannot believe this happened to Yao again.

Such a promising season...he couldn't even go out healthy.

2. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I STILL BELIEVE!

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

It's unfortunate that this keeps happening. I don't know where to direct my anger here. Clearly Yao is the wrong target.

Quite frankly, this doesn't affect our chances in the series all that much. We could still go crazy and take them to seven. Or we could be done in five. Nothing changed there.

Hope the big man gets healed up and ready to go for next year.

4. WillG

WillG Member

Im not phased by this at all...

5. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

well, if it makes anyone feel better, we lost yao around game 11 of the 22 win streak last year. artest in place of tmac this year. rght now all we have left is hope. an 11 game win streak will actually win a championship.

6. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Well said. It is just bad timing. Fortunately he does not need to surgery, just some 9-week rest.

7. Chinesekid123

Chinesekid123 Member

send yao and t-mac to phoenix over the summer :)

8. ibm

ibm Member

last night my gut feeling smelled trouble. now it's confirmed...

why why why? why do the rockets have to take this crap every year?

9. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

there goes his career...
    Life as a rox fan...

10. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

For those who are saying to trade Yao or don't resign him

Screw you guys :mad:

Yao Ming is the single best thing that has ever happened to the Rockets this century. He goes out to play his hardest each and every time, and lay it all on the court. He came back in Game 1. He refused to be taken out of a game even though he had a broken foot. Those plays were two of the most inspirational sports moments I have ever witnessed.

The man is resilient. He is a role model on and off the court. He is the personification of the Rockets toughness. So what if he's hurt? It does not guarantee a Lakers win.

And if you can't appreciate that, you are not true Rockets fans.

1 person likes this.
  11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

12. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

i agree that it prob doesnt change how the series would have gone, but its bad news because its another nail in the coffin for yao's career - not that its over but that it will end up being seen as potential not being met (like grant hill).

I HOPE IM WRONG

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

By the way, props to Yao for gutting it out when his team needed him. There's a fine line between brave and stupid, but I need something to grasp at here so yay Yao. What a tough guy. :/

14. YAOandMSC

YAOandMSC Member

I have been mad!

15. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Yao is cursed for sure

16. Lugz504

Lugz504 Member

Yes! We should just spend whatever it takes to steal Phoenix's training staff! These guys got Grant Hill through an entire season! We'd have 2005 playoff Tmac and last seasons pre-injury Yao with no injury problems what-so-ever!

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some sanity. Our first order of business after the end of the season (hopefully, not soon) has to be getting a quality backup 5, whose athletic (as in can run with our fast guards), can block shots, and can shoot at least a little bit.

18. Tuan

Tuan Member

I wonder if this happened because he tweaked his ankles yesterday, of if this was a result of the 82 game schedule.

He looked fresh and quick for the first one and half quarters yesterday......

19. sn09

sn09 Member

....as well as the starting lineup for the Lakers. How do people not get that Landry and Chuck were beasting it up on the Lakers SECOND UNIT??? I love Chuck and Landry as much as all the other rockets but they are not going to take over a game like Yao does. Who are you going to give the ball to when the game is on the line? Landry and his 'amazing' post moves or Chuck with his 'killer instinct' on the O?

Yao out of the lineup allows for more ENTERTAINING offense, but its not a mroe efficient one. When yao is in the game, once you dump the ball to him, he has the ability to take his man one on one, thus helping his teammates conserve a little energy.
    If you don't have a big man that can go to work down low by himself, you're going to see some more free flowing basketball, but that equates to more tiring ball as well.

I honestly hope the rockets prove me wrong and pull out a win without the big fella and i'll be rooting for them all the way, but this is a massive blow to the Rockets.

and by the way, don't ever celebrate another man's injury for the sake of (in your eyes) a couple of wins, that is just outright classless.

20. cavevato

cavevato Member

:( I dont know how to feel anymore. I think I've acquired a torerance to bad Rocket's news :( He was having such a great season and impressed me more than ever.....sigh