1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I'm not too upset because I'm used to disappointments every single year...but I feel terrible for Yao. Sigh. Get well soon!

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I thought asians were supposed to be good at math.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What does an NFL bust in his old college glory days have to do with the Rockets?

4. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

When I first heard this tonite, it was like a blow to my gut. Denial, then anger, then self-pity then resignation. Yao is a true warrior. I'm sure it's just tearing him up to not be able to play, and facing an 8-12 week recovery time. I had feet surgery this Spring, and the surgeon had to break bones in both feet to fix the problem; been wearing boots for the last 10 weeks, with a couple more to go. Can't do much and it's really frustrating, and I don't have anywhere near the physical demands on me than a NBA player does.

Can't blame RA - Yao would play 48 every nite if RA would let him. We had a decent back-up, who, unfortunately, was injured as well. Nothing to do with the Rockets being cheap. I don't think there was anybody available that Morey thought would fit the bill, and Morey knows a lot more about player availability that we do. Keith Jones is one of the best trainers in the business; his skills probably contributed to our players still operating in spite of injury issues.

Bad luck or coincidence? Curse? Who knows - it's just reality that we have to deal with. Maybe we'll win; maybe we'll have to wait (again) until next year. But I'll be happy to keep Yao, get T-Mac back, re-sign Ron Ron, and soldier on.

1 person likes this.
  5. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

You knows what I hate two kinds of people, Racist and Americans

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

If Rockets were up 2-1, I would be mad, but I'm not.

Yao's limping around in game 3 had me rolling my eyes already. This is just the part where I stop rolling 'em.

I say we start by firing random people, starting with the training staff. Even if it's not always their fault, this franchise needs to point the finger at someone. I hear that gets things done.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Maybe you should go back to hoopschina then.

8. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

I was lurking on the Laker blog before coming here tonite. Maybe the Lakers are just happy that yao's out and their sympathy is just a facade. But the overwhelming tone of their comments were sympathetic about Yao's situation and frquently involved comments such as "we really wanted to beat the Rockets at their best, not like this". Lots of appreciation for Ming. I'll give them the bgenefit of the doubt and thank them for their show of good sportsmanship.

9. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

Come on ,i just joke.I still believe Meory

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You do realize you are following an American team, of an American sport, on a site hosted in the USA, run by an American......correct?

11. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

shaq at least gave yao a shout out on twitter...

THE_REAL_SHAQ Sorry about your foot, yao ming. Dam dam dam
    about 3 hours ago from TwitterBerry

12. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

Well,thanks for your reminding me , I was not sure before,Now I feel happy konwing that Yao is loved by most Amercian Rockets fans,not just AmercianChinese

13. ibm

ibm Member

shaq is even heavier than yao. how he hasn't had foot problems nearly as yao amazes me.

he should lend yao his left ankle and foot for tomorrow's game.

14. ThaBlackKnight

Atleast he made progress this year. He played 75 regular season games. Maybe we should cut down his minutes some more.

I'm sure all that battling for position this year didn't help matters either. Maybe do the Shaq routine, and just coast through the regular season and be ready by March.

Or give him the Tim Duncan treatment and give him the occasional off day. He may hate it, but he'll have to change up something.

Great season by Yao though. 20, 10, and 2. Nothing to be ashamed of. He gave it his all this season. Guess we'll have to wait til next year.

Maybe we can steal tomorrow's game, but if not, congrats to the Rockets on a great season!

15. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

OK ,engouth,Since Yao is over, see you guys next sesson, Hope Rockets go through,Hope Yao will stay.

16. Chamillionaire

there goes the season, trust morey, he'll tweak the team to compete better with L.A. and the other top tier teams.

17. conquistador#11

The guy gives it everything he has, and this is what he gets. Frustrating. It's sad. why????? :mad:

18. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

i was stunned....i heard the news 5 hours ago and I just couldn't bare to get on clutchfans to read more about this..i'm tired of hte same thing over and over every year...its not Big Yao's fault...i'm sure he is taking this pretty hard...he is a great guy....great warrior...easy guy to root for....i'm pissed, stunned, angry, depressed....everything...
    but like every year..like all true fans...i will be back next year hoping "this is our year' :(

19. MONON

MONON Member

Bummer!!! :mad: I guess we need to get a playing backup center in the off season.

Thanks for a wonderful Yao! Come back strong next season!!

20. AGBee

AGBee Member

So is it foolish to build a team around a guy that will most likely not make it through an entire season? His injuries aren't going to magically disappear as he gets older.