1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. whoyou2

whoyou2 Member

Wow crazy to hear about that, guy was a warrior for your team. You guys seriously need a back up center. Yao should be able to recover but he can't log heavy minutes, he needs a stable back up that can play 10-20 mins per game, like a Gortat or Antonio McDyess.

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

8-12 weeks without surgery.

3. 3rdRingsAComin

N wait for it, wait for it O, absolutely not

4. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

Yeah,Houston need Kobe.

5. roxwin

roxwin Member

Dude,how many beers you have been drinking.LOL

6. Tuan

Tuan Member

Ill miss the big guy.

Quick question for you guys. Did Yao sit out of the last few regular season games because of soreness in right or left ankle?

7. GMNot

GMNot Member

The crawler on NBA TV started saying it was on TOP of his foot. My wife pointed this out to me because I wasn't really looking at the TV, just listening while attending to some other stuff.

Now, I don't want to sound like a parnoid, conspiracy theorist, but... has anyone looked back at game 3 to see if somebody (maybe even a Laker) might have stepped on his foot? Even if there was some trauma to that foot earlier, as alluded to by another poster -- New Orleans game -- I think, if someone stepped or came down on that foot in game 3 it might have been the straw, albeit a heavy one, that broke the Great Walls foot.

Just a thought.

8. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

Yao,go to Cleveland

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Morey and Adelman will you now believe and will you act on your beliefs??

Yao Ming is a special player with serious limitations. He can't play extended minutes he needs to be used with great efficiency. This season he has been misused by the Rockets Management and Coaching and we are now paying the price. Instead of getting young athletic big men to back up Yao Ming they went on the romantic cheap and brought in Mutombo, a player who should have retired from the game three seasons ago.Now Mutombo is broken and retired and our one center is injured. Morey you need to get on the phone and alter your plan for next season. Yao Ming must have a backup. who can play and produce for about 30 mins a game. :p

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The silver lining is that the injury took place or came about after the 1st round of the playoffs. I'm glad that Yao was able to get that monkey off of his back and finally tasted the victory of getting out the first round. Hopefully he will be able to go deeper into the playoffs next year.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

We own the Toyota Center! We got this dawg!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bLlzaLdO1g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bLlzaLdO1g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. ibm

ibm Member

so yao only plays 18 minutes per game? :eek:

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks,I just read that on Yahoo Sports before coming back on the board. The long term prognosis is the thing that bothers me a great deal.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Run and gun time!

15. mic

mic Contributing Member

Just found out. Mega bummer. Also LOL at these people who are blaming T-mac... WTF. Just STFU already.

16. StevieCrossover

man Yao Ming's down. can't believe this!!!! This is just horrible!!! What's plan B? who will take on the scoring load? i don't want to see the rockets get beat by Kobe and the Lakers!

17. huachenguang

huachenguang Member

What the hell is that 18 come from

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow....I'm really starting to get sick of this.

WTF is wrong with TMAC and Yao? 2 more injury prone careers....sad.

:(

19. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

Yao is such a sad hero for many people in the world. It is just not fair to him and many of his fans.

It will be hard for him to recover mentally for the rest of his career, even though he will recover physically in 8-12 weeks.

Maybe with some luck, Yao will play like big Z and team up with a real superstar to get Rockets to the championship.

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

30 + 18 = 48

4, 12 minute quarters (4 x 12 = 48) in an NBA game.