1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX 26] Taylor called back up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 3, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/100203-rockets

[rquoter]NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Rio Grande Vipers guard Jermaine Taylor will return to the Houston Rockets Thursday.

Taylor was sent to the Rockets Development League affiliate January 28 after playing in only 13 games and getting limited minutes during his rookie season.

In his first three games with Rio Grande he was averaging 18.3 points, second best on the team.

Since the Rockets have an available roster spot, they do not have to make a corresponding move.[/rquoter]

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

trade coming? (i couldnt resist)

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

these mind games are mad crazy yo!!!!!

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Someone is on the way out?

5. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

It must suck being a player like Taylor. Never getting many mins. in the Nba and doing well in the d league. Never really having security like some nba players. I like his game, but it will be the same broken record when he rejoins....Adelman won't play him.

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The plot thickens.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Must've learned a lot in a week...

8. anchel

anchel Member

Wow, he played 3 games already.

With Kyle out, we have a roster spot for him again.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Having a sweet 6 figure income, driving a 60 thousand dollar car...traveling the country for free, staying in 5 star hotels....playing a game....

horrible life :grin:

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ok now this is weird...I get sending him down but just 3 games??? Wouldn't you think they want him to play a bit more or is something up???

I can start up the trade machine again!!!

11. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Conroy, maybe... I wasn't too impressed with Conroy but then again, he didn't get much playing time, even with Lowry out.

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

RV6.......
    It's certainly not a horrible life to an average joe, but for someone who lives basketball, and it consumes their life, it is probably hard. The one thing that you measure your success on, to constantly be in front of it and never being able to really grab it.......yeah that sucks.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

not really weird considering Lowry is down for maybe two weeks.....adelman probably got a look at a lowry-less + conroy lineup in the last two games or so and decided that the team could probably use JT for a few mins. Easy decision since they have an open spot.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Guys, Jermaine Taylor is a point forward. Trust me. Conroy is on his way out.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Two games. :grin:

16. LifeisButaDream

hes going back to the wiz for butler. :grin:

17. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

but who will play backup pg? I know taylor cant,or can he,do you know something about JT playing pg?

I think i speak for most when i say JT appears to be a scorer,not a facilitator.

Lowry is done for 2 weeks so we need conroy. It says there already is a open spot. JT was down there to get more playing time and enhance his game. But he was only there for 3 games, even if he plays well (harris scores more) why bring him up to rot on the bench? Ariza,Budinger,Battier are all still here. JT wont play, whereas in vipers he can stay in shape. Doesnt Ariza have a hurt knee? he was limping last game ,maybe JT is playing for a injured ariza?

18. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

there are some insiders on this board we know about, and some we dont, everytime someone posts whats going to happen,I always pause because I dont know if its true or not. :)

19. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Postgame of last nights W against the Warriors AB told reporters That JT (Jermaine Taylor) would've been proud of them because of the way they played. im just paraphrasing.

Called JT to keep AB company, haha; My guess is JT being used as a trade sweetner, like the doods' play tho.

20. SunsRocketsfan

i personally know morey so i just called him up on his cell and asked whats up. He said he was trading Taylor for Lebron