1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Rockets sign Mike Harris to two-year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rice

rice Contributing Member

that's what i have been suspecting as well...
    but wasn't so sure...

he took a step passing the double team, not sure if he dribbled again to take the second step to the hoop...

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I can help with this one... Novak was listed as Center... Landry as PF... Harris as SF... SG varied but the first couple Lewis played it and the PG was of course Brooks.

The reason why Landry was guarding the centers.. is because the other option was Novak who would have gotten even more abused. Think of it like the Utah series.. Chuck was guarding Okur (C) and Yao was guarding Boozer (PF)

Harris if he makes this team will be playing more of his minutes at SF not PF.

#142 Hayesfan, Jul 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Thanks Hayesfan, just a little curious about Harris's 3pt shot since he is strictly a small forward. I kinda remember him throughout the games that I saw him play as mostly around the basket and Novak on the perimeter.

4. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Who else will you cut? There are still 16.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

yeah I think the way that they were running the offense because of cuts both he and Landry ended up underneath more often then not. That is why Harris got so many rebounds and Steve shot outside.

Honestly I know we have too many players (my Chuck may end up being one of those expendable) but I would have loved to see both Landry and Harris on the team. Harris is a guy that seems like he just needs a chance to prove himself on the NBA level and Landry of course is just a rookie that needs a chance to develop.

I think that a year in the NBDL would be good for Landry, but I don't know how the chips will fall.

Harris is ready to make a move in the big leagues imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.