1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Rockets sign Mike Harris to two-year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

He averaged 20.6 points per game (.608 %) and 11 rebounds a game in his final season at Rice.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Speaking of 'meaningless' 4s, if Morey did insist on Reed, is there something there?

This non-guaranteed deal certainly means little to nothing at this point. Is there a 'so what'?

3. roswell raygun

He'll be perfect for our next game against Baylor.

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

He's 5 times better than chuck at the same height. Plus Mike can leap out of the gym. Also has legitimate 3 point range. I see him taking Chuck's role if Chuck doesn't sign a deal.

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

who the f#@!% is mike harris?

6. Jimes

Jimes Member

Was great at Rice, has a nose for the ball. Yeah the classic line about him coming out of school is that if he were 6'9" he would be a real good pick. Hope he can help us even if it's just in training camp.

7. shivalrous

shivalrous Member

I honestly don't see the point in wasting time and money on this guy if we're bringing Chuck Hayes back. Both of them are of similar size and Chuck has proven himself in terms of rebounding and hustle. Morey could have used this experimentation money on a traditional PF. I find a hard time believing that in the NBDL there are no guys at the PF position larger than 6'6'' in height. :confused:

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Thorpe, Horrey, Barkley, Cato, MoTaylor, J Howard, Stromile, Chucky Hayes, ?????

Does it seem like we are on a down slide at the PF position?

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Why do we go for the hometown guy?

10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

With the Landry pick and this Harris signing, though neither are guaranteed to be on the roster this season, I don't think it's 100% that Chuck does come back. Maybe he's asking for too much or is involved in a sign and trade.

11. abundance

abundance Member

If we could have gotten any NBDL player, it should have been Louis Amundson from the NBDL, his rights are owned by the Sixers.. That guy is a shotblocker, rebounder, hustle player. He's 6'8", the minimum for a PF nowadays.

12. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

He plays the 3 as well, is strong and has a pretty good jumper. Not to mention its non guaranteed.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Once again, IT IS NOT A GUARANTEED CONTRACT. They are not wasting any money. The guy is much different than chuck hayes because he looks very athleitc and he can play SF. This move doesnt hurt the rockets in any way.

14. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

Does any one think maybe Adleman is going for a smaller, quicker lineup around our 7'6" Monster? 4 6' something guys and Yao on the floor doesn't sound bad to me.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like his hops and springs. Not a bad guy to have for a non-guaranteed contract.

16. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

I don't think is so much a reaction to signing Harris specifically as a growing distrust of the current GM's credibility as a talent finder. What is his priority? Is $Ball designed to put together a championship team or cover the owner's ass on his way to the bank. IMO people are beginning to wonder.

17. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

SPLASH

???

18. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Oh My GoD!!! WHy did they give him a GUARANTEED CONTRACT!!?!?!?!

19. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I'm not sure what the rules and cap implications are but wouldn't it be smart to sign MOST of your summerleague team just in case one of them is a keeper? If not, just cut the rest. I'm really not sure what everyone is crying about but it seems to be the usual complaining after a move, no matter what it is.

Putting on the tin foil....

This is a sign that a 3 such as Battier and Snyder could be moved. A deal is already done. :D

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

casey jacobsen
    kelenna azubuike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.