1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Morey to meet with Omer Asik in LA tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jun 30, 2012.

?

Are you excited that Morey is meeting with Asik tonight?

1. Yes!

215 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No!

88 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Depending on the price.

222 vote(s)
    39.4%
  4. Fire Maori!

39 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would rather have Noah than Asik and KMarts contract is just about a match plus it expires at the end of the season. KMart would give the Bulls a much needed extra scorer to go along with Rose.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Even the Bulls want to trade Noah so they can keep Asik. Both of them are centers in the same mold. Defensive, rebounding centers who don't contribute on offense. He is much cheaper and that's why they prefer him.

I think he is worth $30 million over 4 years. $6 million less than Perkins and he is more mobile than him.

Carl is a Morey fan and signing Asik is a Money Ball move. Of course Carl would be a fan of this move.

4. crash5179

who is acting like that? please direct us to the post you are refering to. Once again I've read every post so far and he has only been advertised as a rebounding, defensive center with no offensive skills.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There we go...proof the guy is overrated. "Perfect" for our team? Come on now.

The guy started 3 playoff games for the Bulls...Played 30 mpg and average 7 rpg. Plug in Marcus Camby and we get better defense and rebounding.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'd rather have Spencer Hawes, but I would certainly still be happy with Asik. He's a hard working guy that can defend well, rebound very well, and isn't terrible in pick and roll defense like every center the Rockets have had in forever (minus Chuck Hayes). I just wish he could at least do anything other than dunk on offense, though.

7. crash5179

Which team could someone like Asik or anyone not named LeBron go to that this statement would not apply?

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yes, Asik is cheaper...but Noah is far and away the better player. I dont mind Asik on the team, but I dont think he is a starting caliber center...at least not for a team that is trying to make a splash.

9. Houston288South

Asik is not a starting center in this league, but he is a great back up. Why are some of you excited to sign him? If he's a starter on our team, we're in deep trouble...IMO

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

give me mcgee, he played bynum tough in the playoffs and gasol couldnt contain him

11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Lovely post.

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

bro just stop typing, if you see our roster we have NO centers and if you look at the FA centers available you will see that aside from kaman and mcgee all others suck. Asik is a good defender and rebounder that got stuck behind noah. Gortat wasnt the player he is now when he was stuck behind dwight so every player needs their chance with regular minutes to grow.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If Morey is going to offer him a below-MLE type deal like he did with Gortat, then it's a complete waste of time.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I can agree with that. He might pan out, he might not.

I see him as the Courtney Lee of centers (his threes are offensive rebounds). He is cheap, can be a starter or a backup and he has the size to defend his position.

Who do you suggest the Rockets sign to man the 5?

15. crash5179

You failed to prove your point.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is a great move.... 5 years ago. Now, meh

17. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Houston Rockets called...they wanted you to know we don't have a center on the roster right now so...back to your incredibly insightful drawing board.

18. pbthunder

Every center out there, half of CFers hate him.

19. pbthunder

To say we don't have a center is kind of stupid. Camby is ready to sign, and Leuer is a decent backup C.

20. Trackball

Trackball Member

Great, another flopper...

...however, given our current situation, beggars can't be choosers.