1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Morey to meet with Omer Asik in LA tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jun 30, 2012.

?

Are you excited that Morey is meeting with Asik tonight?

1. Yes!

215 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No!

88 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Depending on the price.

222 vote(s)
    39.4%
  4. Fire Maori!

39 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'd go for Hawes more than I would Asik.

Hawes may not be as good as Asik on D, but offensively, Hawes is streets ahead.

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

We don't have a center on the roster and people on here are complaining that he is overrated.

On this board, apparently filling out all 5 positions in basketball is underrated.

Until you see some contract details being thrown around, spare the overrated talk. Because right now, with our need, we don't really have a baseline of measure to decide how he should be rated....

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey would immediately turn around and express interest in Noah in the event of an Asik match. Seems silly for the Bulls to tie up that much money in one position.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe Morey's real interest is in Noah?

[​IMG]

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I love how EVERYONE is saying Clutch Fans overrates Asik. Find me ONE post, just one, where someone overrates him.

Clutch Fans knows the Rockets need a center. Clutch Fans knows Hibbert will be matched and Asik is the best attainable center not on the decline.

Some of you guys just pull stuff outta your ass. Here are some interesting stats for you guys.

Asik in less than 15 minutes per game grabbed over 5 rebounds and average 1 block per game. Not bad for a legit 7 foot, 255 pound center who has only been in the league for 2 years. He's only 25 years old. I would say there is truth to the Bulls shopping Noah because they know Asik can cheaply replace him.

If he is given 30 minutes per game his stat line should be around:

7ppg
    10 rpg (4 offensive)
    2 bpg
    1 spg
    2 topg
    1 apg

2 people like this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

No, I'm pretty sure it's just Morey he doesn't like.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We don't need offense at center, we need a man. A guy who's going to be tough, who's going to rebound, defend and protect the paint. Which one of those does hawes check for? hawes would be nice if we had howard for him to play along with but he's just not a fit for us.

8. Crank

Crank Member

Does dynex have tablets?

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember a couple years ago when there was talk that Orlando wanted Kevin Martin in exchange for a mid-20's seldom played back up center with good metrics named Marcin Gortat.

At the time it seemed absurd. I think if you offered that deal today, I do it and feel lucky.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Pierce Approves.
    [​IMG]

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gortat would be great, but suns would be stupid to get rid of him.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thsts kind of my point. If you wait Asik to go somewhere, round out his game, get more PT and prove he is a genuine NBA starting center, at that point he will no longer be available.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There was a thread about Noah or Asik where some preferred Asik to Noah. There have been multiple threads about free agency where people have chimed in with their desire for Asik over many other good NBA players. The guy is nothing more than a serviceable back up. Carl Herrera is part of the Asik fan club...the fact that there is a make believe fan club for the guy is proof that he's overrated. It would be just like me creating a Zan Tabak Fan Club. Remember, the guy the Rockets drafted and let go, who ended up averaging 9 rpg per 36 min for his career? You would think that at 7'0 and those kinds of rebounding skills, the guy would average more than 15 mpg for his career.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I guess I missed it even though I thought I have read all of the posts in this thread, but I have not seen anyone overrating Asik. Please direct me to the post where that is happening. To the best of my knowledge he has been advertised as a good rebounding defensive center with few offensive skills.

15. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I like this news!

16. crash5179

I don't even want him as a starter. I would like him on the team and get maybe 20 minutes a night depending on the situation.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My thinking exactly

18. crash5179

maybe we can send them Lowry and Terrence Jones

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yup, gotta take risk.

20. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Asik would be perfect for our team.