1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Foster says he couldn't initially handle pressures of NFL life

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RV6, Nov 24, 2015.

1. rocketshopeful

sorry - i thought he was talking about the Troy Polamalu clip.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree with Foster on most things, but if you sign a contract, then you have to stick to it. Being a FA is one thing, but forcing yourself out is another....yes, the team can void it, but that's their right. Contracts aren't guaranteed.

And as far as concussions, I understand why he feels that way, but once you think like that, then maybe it's time to retire. It was pretty evident, his last year playing, that he was avoiding hard hits and trying to save himself. There was a lot of diving to the floor and that cost the team yards and opportunities. I'm not sure a player in that frame of mind can be trusted, in a competitive context, anymore. Foster did have some moments this year, when he went at guys, so that was surprising, but I'm not sure if that's something one can expect from him for a whole season going forward.

3. rocketshopeful

if I understood him on the Rappenport podcast, he thinks he has 3-4 years left. Would be shocked if he has 3. I am thinking 2 max.