1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fort Worth Star-Telegram: James to meet with Avery; decision could come tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, Jul 10, 2006.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I don't have a good feeling about this. Avery definitely has the ability to talk James into coming to Dallas. The Rockets need to crater, and at least offer today a full 4 year MLE deal, before James meets with Avery. If James is just bluffing by meeting Avery, I wouldn't call his bluff. No time to get stingy after we just gave away Gay and Swift.

2. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Yah what if Avery is telling him you'd start at the 2 for a team that was two wins away from being champs. That'd be hard to resist. If he does sign with the Mavericks lets hope we kick Dallas's a$$ and stick it in his face :D . But hopefully he sign with us! :)

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

That's it. James is not coming. Mark it.
    Good job, CD and company. :mad:

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

James has the ego of an elephant. I'm starting to feel that he hasn't forgiven the Rockets for trading him. I hope I'm wrong.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Mavs don't want MJ as a sub, they want him to start at the point next to Jason Terry because they do not believe Devon Harris is ready to be a full time starter. They were also looking at Speedy Claxton for the same reason. James, Terry, Stackhouse and Harris as rotation players is very leathel. Add Mo Ager as a developing rookie and the Mavs back court would make anyone Jealous.

Yeah Cuban is an idiot. :rolleyes: He only parlayed a few thousand dollars into a few billion. Took a franchise that had barely been averaging double digit wins over the course of a decade and turned them into an annual 50+ win team. His teams have played in the WCF twice and an NBA Championship once. They make it out of the first round every year. And of course you are right, even though they have MVP candidate Dirk Nowitzki they need a power forward with courage. :rolleyes:

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Expound.

7. compucomp

compucomp Member

At least we're all pessimistic already so when James signs with Dallas we won't bring this forum down like during the draft, when nobody saw the Battier trade coming.

8. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

This doesn't sound good. You know what Cuban is telling him.

1) We're a better team.
    2) Dallas is not far from your home and I'll fly you home on my private jet whenever you need to go.
    3) Why go back to the Rockets after they dumped you?

Cuban is SMART. And he knows if they sign James the Rockets are as good as done. There is nothing left in the FA market.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets aren't too confident that MJ will sign here. Hopefully they will be making calls to him after he talks to Avery and to have TMac texting him off the hook as well.

10. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Not to mention if James goes to Houston or SA it makes those teams MUCH more threatening. Yeah, stupid Cuban, looking to strengthen his team and even more weaken potential enemies in one swift move.

We should not blink on a 5 year MLE offer to Mike James.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Welcome home Marcus Banks! ;)

12. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Bonzi is still a FA.

13. TechLabor

TechLabor Contributing Member

Does Avery still have his home in Sugar Land? If so, he may promise MJ to car pool.

14. compucomp

compucomp Member

Bonzi also wants more than the MLE. He rejected a 6 year $36 million offer from the Kings and is not listening to MLE offers.

15. docgundy

docgundy Member

Let's look at the pros and cons. Houston vs. Dallas: What does Dallas have that Houston doesn't? They're offering the same contractually. He'll get less PT in Dallas. He won't even start in Dallas. He'd be away from his family and wife, who by the way is pregnant.

Houston, on the other hand, was at James' doorstep on Day 1. We're offering a lengthy contract. He'll be a starting guard. It'll be a short drive to TC. Houston is the better option.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

people are still in love with MJ.....

I personally do not care

CD needs to pull out something great anyways...he ows the fans for the pain we had to go thru the past 2 weeks...

MJ needs to take care of him self, he has, what 3 kids, is in his prime...he needs a good contract to cover him for the rest of his life....

w/e he does I will respect his decision and you guys need to stop complaining and crying about stuff like this...it looks horrible

17. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Not a chance. When James signs with Dallas, the uproar here will turn the CF.net servers into a fiery cataclysmic explosion, taking out several street blocks in the process. And righfully so, because, like those servers, the Rockets' championship aspirations will also go up in flames as well.

18. omax

omax Member

Why do people think he won't start in Dallas? I'm sure that they already promised that to him.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Dallas wants James for one very basic reason, because they do not want us to get him. Yeah, they may start him. That's the way Cuban does things. He'll start Mike and trade Devin if he has to, just to keep the Rox from getting better.

Cuban remembers we ran them through a 7-game gauntlet and came a few bad officiating calls away from taking them out. And he know Yao is much better. And he knows now we have another defender to throw on Dirk. And he know if we get James that we are going to give them more problems. Cuban is strickly angling for James to get him away from Houston.

All it tells me is we are going to be a pain in the ... for Dallas and all the rest next year if we just stay healthy. IF we get James with the TE deal with Toronto, and then we are able to convert our MLE into another major piece or two like Jared Jeffries, they are going to be in some serious hurt. Cuban doesn't need or want James as much as he needs and wants the Rockets not to get him.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I really don't get it. Why is everyone freaking out?

Did you guys expect him to NOT meet with the coach of the team we all knew was courting him?