1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Muslim says that ISIS represents true Islam

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by PhatPharaoh, Sep 7, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Nathanael_Kapner

2. trustme

trustme Member

Hmmm, quoting out of context again. Recurring theme with your posts.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Basically, your statement is untrue. Whether you agree or disagree, I usually back up my statements with solid sources, and when I myself don't consider the source very reliable (like with that map I posted to troll New Yorker), I clearly state that myself.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

5. g1184

g1184 Member

joyfully? source that please, sounds made up.

Erdogan's a hypocrite for supporting Palestine but disenfranchising Kurds in his own country.

Why do you support the murderous actions of one middle eastern head of state but demonize the other?

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's my impression - hard to look inside the mind of a person, but I am not the only one seeing it that way.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Erdoğan can barely hide his glee. &quot;Kobane on verge of falling to ISIS.&quot; Not so fast say Kurds <a href="http://t.co/lGZfu7LIDc">http://t.co/lGZfu7LIDc</a> <a href="http://t.co/BLixq72rUO">pic.twitter.com/BLixq72rUO</a></p>&mdash; Tarek Fatah ਤਾਰਿਕ (@TarekFatah) <a href="https://twitter.com/TarekFatah/status/519592101730729984">October 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/Default.aspx?pageID=238&nID=72650&NewsCatID=510

Correct.

Israel is defending itself against constant rocket and terror attacks from Hamas Islamists. Erdogan has been supporting ISIS directly and indirectly, and is on the side of the aggressors in this. These people are barbarians who rape, enslave, behead people. Your attempt at creating a false equivalency with Israel which is defending itself against terror is transparent and laughable.

7. da1

da1 Member

First of all I know more about this than you ive been in and out of turkey the last two years so just shut up and listen.

I agree erdogan doesn't want to help the Kurds but this recent attack on pkk was a direct response to shelling.

8. da1

da1 Member

Israel terrorizes Arabs daily. Just stop seriously.

9. g1184

g1184 Member

I think you're confusing issues. The PKK harassed the Turkish Military, Erdogan bombed them heavy-handedly. Hamas harassed Israeli citizens and military, Netanyahu bombed them heavy-handedly.

Both ISIS and the PKK are listed as "terrorist organizations." Not sure why it matters if they're on some list or not, but since you referenced it in your earlier post, I guess it matters to you. Now you can have your facts straight.

From both substantial and superficial aspects, it's the same response given to the same stimuli. Not sure why you feel it's "false-equivalency."

http://rt.com/news/195824-turkey-bomb-kurdish-pkk/
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/14/turkish-jets-bombard-kurdish-positions-pkk
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/turkish-warplanes-bomb-kurdish-pkk-in-turkey-1413296160?tesla=y
    You can replace the words "PKK" with "Hamas," and "Turkey" with "Israel," and you'd have an article from 4 months ago. So, why is one man the saint and the other the sinner?

----

For Turkey's handling of ISIS, you can go back a couple pages in this thread, or see below:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/10/13/355826418/u-s-strikes-at-isis-in-kobani-as-kurds-claim-progress
    You should also read the Peter Kenyon interview with Mustafa Abdi from page 10 of this thread. There's Kurds on both sides, Sunnis on both sides, whites on both sides, blacks on both sides. This fight isn't sectarian.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, you are.

This is disputed. What does "harassed" even mean? Obviously, that doesn't seem to mean "attacked".

They did not "harass" Israeli citizens and military, they kidnapped and murdered them, and have been firing rockets at Israeli civilians indiscriminately for years. Your transparent attempts to make it seem like the same thing are noted.

As is Hamas, which you conveniently forget to mention.

In contrast to you, I always have my facts straight.

Absolutely, it is not. You are trying to create a false equivalency here. You are not fooling anyone.

11. g1184

g1184 Member

Both Hamas and PKK used military weapons to attack Israeli and Turkish forces, respectively. There's a couple sources posted above you skipped. In this case, "harassed" means "attacked" with rocket propelled grenades and machine guns.

I'm surprised you missed this, since you have your facts straight and all.

The two situations are the same, but your feelings about them are not. Why do you think that is?

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They are absolutely not the same. Your lies don't become true just because you keep repeating them.

In fact, it is an absolute insult to the Kurds who are currently facing an onslaught from barbarian Sunni Islamist militants (ISIS) who are being supported by Sunni Islamist fanatic dictator Erdogan.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know what Israel has to do with Kobani, unless they snuck troops into the town while everyone was taking a nap. What concerns me is that NATO ally Turkey is sitting at the border complicit, in my opinion, with the butchery taking place by ISIS at Kobani. We are still denied use of the huge air base at Incirlik, where I believe we already have a presence, for missions across the border against the mad religious extremists bent on slaughtering the civilians remaining in the city, with the desperate Kurdish fighters, who are out-gunned, running low on ammunition, medical supplies and food, certain to be killed if taken prisoner, all on film, of course. Turkish soldiers lounging in their tanks smoking cigarettes while taking in the battle below them in Kobani, like some sick drive-in movie.

It's obscene.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Turkey maybe a week or two, I think they don't their allies

but regional countries demanded US help 2years ago before all those recent event escalated .
    Obama's hesitation to react , made what we see now IMO

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

16. dmc89

dmc89 Member

It's loathsome. The Armenian Genocide (1M+ killed) was just under 100 years ago, and it was perpetrated by the great grandfathers of many Turkish military officers today. Although I consider the PKK a terrorist group, and I don't place the Kurds on a pedestal like some in the West, Erdogan's government is abhorrent for its role in supporting and furthering ISIS's murderous aims. Turkey had an opportunity to resolve the Kurd problem with Abdullah Öcalan's March 2013 ceasefire deal. Instead, they shortsightedly engaged in a proxy war and broke the peace-deal.

There is a recurring theme with authoritarian regimes partnering with Islamic extremism. They think they can use them as tools without understanding (or tacitly accepting) extremist groups turn on their masters and bring chaos/ruin to moderate societies i.e. ISI in Pakistan with the Taliban vs. Afghanistan/India.

17. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

This is a great post.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Someone like g1184 could learn so much from you.

19. g1184

g1184 Member

Duh. Nothing ever became true because someone repeated it continuously. It's true because it's true.

• Ethnic minority living in a country where their interests are under-represented (if represented at all) and the laws are unfavorable to their demographic ... check, both Turkish Kurds and Palestinians.
    • Desire to form their own autonomous region which includes taking land away from the established dominant state ... check, both Turkish Kurds and Palestinians.
    • "Representation" by a pseudo-government that's willing to use violence, while being horribly out-manned and out-gunned to achieve their means ... check, both Turkish Kurds and Palestinians.
    • Established dominant states that see no reason to concede any portion of the status quo, and label the minority group as terrorists when they exercise what little firepower they can muster ... check, both Turkey and Israel.
    • A long history of violence characterized by short periods of relative peace and punctuated by emphatic heavy-handed military suppression ... check, both cases.

Ultimately, both Hamas and the PKK are in the wrong for believing that terrorism and militant violence can bring about the change they're looking for ... and Turkey and Israel are in the wrong for governing discriminately.

To have a bleeding heart (or condemn) one and not the other is an exercise in lunacy (or prejudice).

Why are the Kurds more human to you than the Palestinians?

You're full of wonderful gems today. It's an insult to validate Kurdish disenfranchisement by comparing them with another wrongfully persecuted ethnic group? Again, why are the Kurds more human to you than the Palestinians?

20. g1184

g1184 Member

I dominate your thoughts and control your emotions :p.