1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Canadian Min. of Defence says UFO's are real!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 111chase111, Nov 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Another thing to think about. The Galaxy is moving (relatively) at about 1.34 million miles per hour. If you think it is impossible to get around the universe, think again. If an ant can piggy back a human piggy backing on plane, and make it from london to Atlanta. So can we piggy back around the universe. I believe it is possible to travel great distances. I just don't think anything will ever live long enough to take these facts and use them to travel.

2. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

Except that if the star that you want to get to is moving with the same relative motion as you are it doesn't matter how fast you both are going if you both are going the same speed in the same direction. Regardless of how fast the galexy or solar system move we will never get closer to Alpha Centuri as it's moving the same way we are. Actually we'll never get closer to any stars in our galaxy as we all share the same relative motion.

Now, the Andromeda Galaxy is heading straight for us and in a few billion years our two galaxies will collide making for quite a light show.

Humanity is doomed.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's why i bought lots and lots of duct tape.

4. Christopher

Christopher Member

I think you'd be crazy to this that of all the stars in the universe, and all the possible planets that surround those stars, none of them would hold life except ours.

I would also suggest that you could find people on this Earth that would gladly give up their current lives to travel to another plant....even if it was a one way trip. heck, I bet you could find people that would take a one way trip to Mars!

As for traveling around space, I believe that considering we know so little about space travel (The Moon!) we probably are not in the best position to judge whether or not its possible to cover such vast distances in a short space of time.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

so how long before Humanity destroys itself?

Rocket River

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"There are no infidel Aliens here. Tom Cruise's movie 'War of the Worlds' is #1 at the DVD rentals..."

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

7. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I have a better idea for a conspiracy. A top government insiders says that aliens exist and that we are planning a war with them. What better way to unite the world than a fight against extraterestrials. The war would come with slick hollywood propaganda showing the fight against the aliens. :)

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Who else would you suggest?