1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Bulls PG Jay Williams said he attempted suicide after his bike crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(I mentioned "losing everything" but what I mean was facing the POTENTIAL of losing everything possibly having the contract voided and his dream gone. Its not Junior Seau sad, but thats kinda a big deal to have your playing days abruptly end. There's many stories of how athletes can't handle it)

(This is not a man/woman social thing, but) I actually think the same thing of disgruntled women who get knocked up sleeping around and act like they got put out of their way in life. They didnt get a disease or anything, just negligent "gambling" in the sex pool not protecting themselves. But people keep on giving them sympathy for them doing very little.

Its just to say I look at the "deserving of sympathy" standard and it seems kinda all over the place when to play the "deal with it" role and when the play the sympathetic role. Men committ suicide at a FAR higher than women, why can't a man get some undeserved sympathy once in a while lol. Thats all I myself am saying

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Good story. I would hope that one of these days we could get a similar "retrospective" from Yao Ming.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's also dating Charisa Thompson... So yeah, he wins!

4. 713

713 Member

thats just unfair.

5. Asian Sensation

I wonder how good he would have been if he never had that bike accident. He didn't live up to expectations his rookie year but he did show some promise and not a lot of rookie point guards tear it up right away.

6. newAge_Rockets

Darn... Just one silly mistake and all the potential dissapears

1 person likes this.
  7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What I find interesting is that not one teammate came to visit him. If you get in a tragic accident and your own team doesn't even come to see you then doesn't that say something about how you treat people?

8. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

You are a pathetic human being. Not just for this comment. You had this coming.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

you serious? don't judge a man until you've walked in his shoes

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Everyone please disregard this horrible post. If someone you know tells you they are having suicidal thoughts or even joking about killing themselves, please take it seriously and get them help. Men especially choose very lethal and immediate methods for suicide such as gun shots to the head or hanging, so are usually successful on the first attempt. There won't be a second chance.

REEKO, sorry for the loss of your best friend, but people can have suicidal thoughts they don't act upon. It's not necessarily for attention or sympathy. Your friend was "really suicidal" long before he actually attempted it. And Williams did attempt it if you bothered to read the article.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Probably around Damian Lillard level if he put it all together, similar kinda game without the 3 point launching like all guards do now. His 1 rookie year really wasnt that good overall. I thought he was a bit overrated coming into the league. He came around late in the year to show a little something so he probably wasnt gonna be a bust. So maybe that kinda solid starter/fringe All Star Lowry/Dragic/Mike Conley type