1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget Calderon, the real answer is ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheShooter, May 11, 2008.

1. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

[​IMG]

I don't think we can afford Jose Calderon, he deserve a good paycheck and Toronto will keep him. But Beno Udrih will be a very interesting player to have. He's not good as Calderon, but the guy can shoot and pass. He's pretty good and he's FA. Udrih earned 760K this year, I think we can sign him for like 1.5 million.

If we can bring this guy + Artest (not probable), we will surely be considred as true contenders.

2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Forget Udrih, the real answer is...

[​IMG]

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

[​IMG]

DD likes it :)

4. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

You have no idea what is going on in the league at all.

Please try to keep up with CURRENT NBA NEWS.

Sacramento is planning on making Udrih their main starting PG for years to come. They already stated that SEVERAL times throughout the year.

You really think he is worth only 1.5 million?

LMFAO

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

MORE LIKE THE ENTIRE MLE!!!!!!

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

there's no way he signs for 1.5 million. he had a good season. he at least gets half of the MLE, but you know some dumb team will give him the full MLE a la the hawks and craig speedy claxton

edit: but i do believe he is part of the answer....but h'es not better than Calderon.

#6 Nice Rollin, May 11, 2008
    Last edited: May 11, 2008
  7. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

ellington ellington ellington

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I won't even address what the other posters are stating... I will address the thread title. Calderon is so much better than Udrih its not even a contest.

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Too late now. We could have gotten him from the Spurs cheap earlier in the season.

10. Nice Rollin

you have a better chance in landing urich than you do calderon. im already assuming we're not getting him especially coming off a career year

11. lastmanstanding

We have little chance of getting Calderon. But Sacramento has said they would like to keep Udrih, and obviously they have a ton of cap space after the Bibby trade, so I don't even think this has any shot.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I realize there is no chance at Calderon. Same goes for Udrih, there is a reason they shipped out Bibby. I don't think Udrih would start here in Houston. And we would still have the worst PG of any playoff team in the west.

13. Man

Man Contributing Member

udrich is .... not good

brooks > or = to beno

what happened to spanou anyways?

14. Nice Rollin

did you see beno play this year? he had a better year than brooks. yeah, i know brooks is a rookie. But, you sound ignorant when you say Udrich is........not good. the guy can ball.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Kings are IN LOVE with Udrih. They put so much stock in him, they thought it was time to move Bibby and officially start the uprising youth movement (Brad Miller to the Rockets at the trade deadline?)

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Udrih is pretty good. Nice creator off the dribble, a reliable spot up shooter, decent defender. He's going to get a nice pay raise, but he's not untouchable. I don't think it's out of the question that he could end up in rocket red.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Its funny how the grass is always greener on the other side. I remember that the national media was falling in love with Alston this year.

Udrih played well for the Kings this year but he is no savior. He may be a better shooter than Rafer (who isn't?) but there is much more to basketball than shooting and udrih isn't nearly as good as rafer at everything else. Even at a 1.5M steal it would be a waste of time.

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

have you seen him play? he plays within the system well, and scores when he can. he plays up to his limitations, which makes him a great player.

caludron is better than him, and also, kings will never give him up.

kings would love to have brooks and beno together. too bad they can't have brooks.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I've seen him play quite a bit. His teammates do most of the playmaking and passing, which makes him look better. It is good that he understands his limitations and plays within himself. He just isn't that good. Rafer doesn't play within himself but is a much more capable playmaker and defender.

Udrih, similar to Rafer, shouldn't be a starting PG but he isn't even better than Rafer so it would be a waste of time for the rockets to go after him.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO